Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   POTP Predaking disappointment! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72831)

anotheran 06-14-2018 11:37 AM

Re: POTP Predaking disappointment!

he's a little thin around the waist but i'm picking him up. they'll probably be some 3rd party parts to beef him up anyways.

for anyone not liking it, lots of options to go around: mastermind creations (my fav), unique toys, TFC

chroma23 06-14-2018 11:38 AM

u cant please everybody with combiners

some people complain about combiner parts being useless when in individual modes, and on the flip side, some people complain about kibble when combiner parts are fully integrated into the figures like this predaking

wattswc 06-14-2018 12:03 PM

Maybe I'm crazy but I actually really like this. Will definitely be picking him up!

RNSrobot 06-14-2018 12:05 PM

I like to transform CW Devastator and sometimes pose them in robot mode. I sold my Takara due to financial issues but it was definitely more satisfying to have Takara Devy in robot mode.

So it is a little tough to deal with the big thigh columns on those two in robot mode. But Predaking himself looks fantastic and ultimately that's the mode he will spend 80% of his time in.

Sun Swipe Prime 06-14-2018 12:50 PM

Alt modes are ugggleeee. Bot modes are pretty solid. Combined mode is pretty solid too. This is all IMHO.

Unique and decent attempt by Hasbro. About what I expected it to be. Will be displaying in Combined mode.

Alexander Quinn 06-14-2018 03:05 PM

The only thing that kind of bugs me is that I think the rhino and bull heads are too tiny. I think they’d look better in beast mode with bigger beast noggins. Still gonna pick it up, and excited to see it finally starting to show up in the wild.

DCompose 06-14-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 762445)
He didnt. The combiner thighs and legs were integrated into Longhaul. Him being a 6 member combiner helped in this case.

His Forearms were seperate pieces, in both CW an G1.

Not to mention G1 the whole crotch piece is seperate.

FreakNasty 06-14-2018 03:33 PM

This new Predaking can't be just a one off mold.

That's a lot of R&D and money just for a one off.
I'm worried this is how future gesalts will be like.

Pascal 06-14-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakNasty (Post 762481)
This new Predaking can't be just a one off mold.

Devy was a one-off mold too. And Trypticon. Only Metroplex sorta got reused in that class.

DCompose 06-14-2018 04:13 PM

I think one of them will become Snaptrap.