Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The None of My Business Question of the Day! How much Cash do you bring to TFCON? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=40053)

RageD 05-13-2012 11:45 AM

The None of My Business Question of the Day! How much Cash do you bring to TFCON?

As the title says... What amount do you typically bring/budget for the big event for just merchandise.

Last year I found I budgeted far higher than I actually spent.

Budget $1000
Spent $375

Just curious on what others have done.

bedtime 05-13-2012 11:51 AM

Re: The None of My Business Question of the Day! How much Cash do you bring to TFCON?

i bring as much as i can. i've been saving up and will hopefully have around $700? it'll probably go 60/40 on toys and food/beer.

Alexander Quinn 05-13-2012 12:31 PM

Re: The None of My Business Question of the Day! How much Cash do you bring to TFCON?

Last time I went (2 years ago) I took $220. Spent $200. Might try to take a bit more this year, but I know that if I take it, I will spend it, so I try not to go crazy.

Dragon Knight 05-13-2012 12:53 PM

Sometimes it pays to live so close to events like these.

I plan on bringing at least 150$ maybe 200$ with me.

Robimus 05-13-2012 01:43 PM

Not enough

Sideswipe 05-13-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 429575)
Not enough

Never enough! :primelaugh:

Cheers Ian 05-13-2012 02:33 PM

I usually tend to bring $500 - $700.

I never usually end up spending that much though.

If I take away pre-arranged deals I had set up, I only spent around $130-40ish dollars on the convention floor.

And my pre-arranged meet-up deals added up to around $170ish as well.

So I dropped probably dropped around 300-325ish last year.

I'm looking forward to this year, other than some pre-arranged SDCC stuff I'll be picking up, I don't have anything I'm really hunting for, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I can find!

brr-icy 05-13-2012 02:38 PM

200 - 1200 depends on a) how much extra i have to play with and b) how much i want to buy

Hobbyist Prime 05-13-2012 02:57 PM

All I'm going to say is I plan on leaving quite a few empty spots on the tables!!!!

Bruticus82 05-13-2012 03:08 PM

Really depends on what I'm buying. I think I'm going to cut back this year because there aren't many figures I want/need.

Maybe $200-$400?

Then again, last year I was buying quite a number of G1 targetmasters/headmasters, and those things are not cheap.