Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 07-01-2015, 05:05 PM   #61
laffy
Crossover
Re: Sponsor News: Apollyon now in stock at Madhaus Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by innermanchild View Post
Just got mine yesterday. My girlfriend signed for it and then left it in the garage because she was packing stuff into the car when the delivery came. When I got home in the afternoon, I didn't think to look in the garage (why would I) and she forget to mention it when we talked throughout the day (many times I might add). I only found out when she got home late at night....

Big big big shout out to Madhaus Toys and Slayback. I ordered this on Friday and received it Tuesday, will definately be on the lookout for future figure availability from them.

Anyway, I opened it this morning and this guy is awesome. I'm mostly a fan of G1 and my masterpiece collection consists of just those characters. I didn't pick up Star Saber, Exhaust, and have no intention of getting Road Rage either; I just don't have any memories of those characters.

That being said, my display was never going to be complete until there was a Megatron stand-in. It's not perfect, I doubt any figure ever will be; even when many people agree that a particular one is an excellent piece, QC issues can pop up in any unlucky person's individual figure. I also don't transform my figures many times, I usually just do it once when I first open the box and then pose it; never to be touched again. I probably will never transform Apollyon, just because I really love his look in robot form and have never been a gun person. Based on some videos I've seen online, I doubt the process of transforming him will make me enjoy this figure more than I do at the moment and that's good enough for me.

I'm sorry for the long rant, I just wanted to advise anyone that is the type of collector that I am. I fell back into Transformers in July of last year (so exactly 1 year ago) and although I do want quality figures, I don't need my figures to be absolutely perfect in every form and am more concerned with how they fit into my collection rather than how they compare to past or present releases. I missed out on the Quakewave release and I didn't want to miss out again, I'm glad I got this figure and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an MP Megatron stand-in, but I can't speak about it's gun mode.

So, now I need to figure out how to get that plug out and get a nice Decepticon symbol on his chest. Question for those that have done it. Did you put a clear symbol sticker or a reflective one (silver/mirror)? I'm thinking the clear one will let the metallic paint from the figure shine through and that's what I'm leaning towards, but was hoping for any experienced feedback.

If you got this far, thanks for taking the time

Megatron: "Unlike some of my other warriors; you never fail me.”

if you cant get the plug out from the silencer pm me and ill walk you though what i did my was a pain in the a@@ but as abopve i got it out and wish i did is sooner as its the only way to get it without damage... i went with the siver background and it looks great
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #62
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Got mine last Thursday from Slayback. Awesome toy except for that stupid orange silencer plug. Scratched it to hell trying to get it out as 9/10 of it was not glued in but what was they must have used the blood of 1000 virgins as well as some arcane curse as boiling/freezing/wrenches/poles did not budge it. Good thing I'm not reselling this. Dremels is the next step.

Using my bare hands the orange plug on Apollyon popped off as if there wasn't any glue on it. I know where that glue went.

Last edited by Dangard Ace; 07-02-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #63
timcrook
Cybertron

I think the orange plug would look good with an Autobot symbol on his chest hahahaha.
timcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:02 PM   #64
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Thanks for all the feedback; I went clear finally, so as to let the metallic paint of the figure shine through rather than adding a different shade and not liking the change in contrast. Also the plug came off a lot easier than I expected. I had to use a wrench because it wasn't budging by hand, but a couple of twists while pulling up and holding onto the barrel and the glue broke off, no damage at all.

innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #65
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

^did you peel the film off the chest plate before putting the symbol on or is it on the film? Looks good. I'm thinking of leaving the film intact.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:28 PM   #66
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

There's film on the chest plate? I thought it was on the back by the muzzle only
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:29 PM   #67
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

There was a film?!?! Lol, guess it's on the film.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #68
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
There's film on the chest plate? I thought it was on the back by the muzzle only
Yup, there is on mine. It's really hard to notice but it's definitely there.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #69
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Yup, there is on mine. It's really hard to notice but it's definitely there.
Yup, you're right, I just noticed it. If you look at the figure from an angle under direct light, you see the gleam of the film.