Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 10-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict
Transformers Themed Kinder Surprise Found at Canadian Retail

Found at a Walmart in Manitoba these chocolate eggs have a surprise toy in every egg and it looks like Kinder Surprise has released it's Transformers themed of toys in Canada.

To find this and other Transformers in your area, check out the Canadian Transformers Sightings Forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0266_zpsxr1jvwi_edit_1412553788814_zpsisdr8bsl.jpg
Views:	755
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	25833   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0267_zpshrlspkd_edit_1412553763514_zpsvy2djsb6.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	25834  

Last edited by Benzo; 10-05-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon
Re: Transformers Themed Kinder Surprise Found at Canadian Retail

These will go for a lot on ebay.com. The USA is allowed guns but apparently Kinder Surprise are too dangerous.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

They've been sold individually at Dollaramas for a while; I've already got a Ratchet, a Megatron and an Arcee. Nice to see that you can get them in boxes now, too, though. I tried buying a box of them a while ago thinking that it would be quicker than getting them individually, but all I got was a wheel-shooter thing, a cloth frisbee and a plastic platypus. I'm not disappointed, 'cause plastic platypus, but it did make me hold off on buying any more boxes until now.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:51 AM   #4
Cerebros
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
These will go for a lot on ebay.com. The USA is allowed guns but apparently Kinder Surprise are too dangerous.
Has absolutely nothing to do with danger. The reason they're outlawed in the US is that they're considered a concealed item, in which you could potentially transport illegal items within such as drugs. If you're caught with even one egg in your vehicle, you're subject to a very hefty fine.

Ben, it should be noted, that apparently there is Ninja Turtles in Kinder Surprise too!
Cerebros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:21 AM   #5
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

My son got one of these in a loot bag from a party the other day. He got the Bulkhead figure
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebros View Post
Has absolutely nothing to do with danger. The reason they're outlawed in the US is that they're considered a concealed item, in which you could potentially transport illegal items within such as drugs. If you're caught with even one egg in your vehicle, you're subject to a very hefty fine.
I don't think that was his point.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #7
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebros View Post
You realize that litterally everything should be banned then?

You are also incorrect according to the internet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_..._United_States

Quote:
The 1938 Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act contains a section highlighting that a confectionery product with a non-nutritive object, partially or totally embedded within it, cannot be sold within the United States, unless the FDA issues a regulation that the non-nutritive object has functional value.[8] Essentially, the 1938 Act bans “the sale of any candy that has embedded in it a toy or trinket”.[9]
In 2012 the FDA re-issued their import alert stating “The embedded non-nutritive objects in these confectionery products may pose a public health risk as the consumer may unknowingly choke on the object”.[10]
In 1997, the staff of the CPSC, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, examined and issued a recall for some Kinder Surprise illegally brought into the US with foreign labels.[11] The staff determined that the toys within the eggs had small parts. The staff presumed that Kinder Surprise, being a chocolate product, was intended for children of all ages, including those under three years of age. On this basis, the staff took the position that Kinder Surprise was in violation of the small parts regulation and banned from importation into the US.[11]
Kinder Surprise bears warnings advising the consumer that the toy is “not suitable for children under three years, due to the presence of small parts” and that “adult supervision is recommended”.[12]
In January 2011, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) threatened a Manitoba resident with a $300 (Canadian dollars) fine for carrying one egg across the U.S. border into Minnesota.[13] In June 2012, CBP held two Seattle men for two and a half hours after discovering six Kinder Surprise eggs in their car upon returning to the U.S. from a trip to Vancouver. According to one of the men detained, a border guard quoted the potential fine as US$2,500 per egg.[14] The rationale against a ban of the product also takes the form that deaths have been too few for it to be considered a serious danger. Additionally, the argument is made that there should be a consistent standard in place, as several worse dangers are not regulated.[15]
On December 26, 2012, a petition was created on the White House website through the "We The People" campaign to end the ban on the import and sale of Kinder Surprise Eggs in the United States. However the petition failed to meet the required number of signatures by January 26, 2013 and was therefore declined.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:59 AM   #8
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

In case anyone is considering smuggling some Kinder eggs down to TFCon USA:

http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/blog/20...-us-officials/

Seriously, I was just thinking, if I were to go to TFCon USA, I might bring a few cases of them with me to sell. But this had me thinking twice. I mean what the hell is wrong with a country where you can give a kid an uzi, but a chocolate egg that has a small toy inside? Oh, no! That's too dangerous. That fat idiots might just shove the whole thing in their mouths.

If I do go to TFCon USA, and I do bring some eggs, I think I'll have to include detailed instructions on how to eat it.
Step 1: Unwrap the egg.
Step 2: Split the egg along the seem.
Step 3: Remove the toy capsule and set the chocolate aside.
Step 4: Open the toy capsule.
Step 5: Read the toy assembly instructions.
Step 6: Break pieces of the chocolate off and eat it while assembling the toy. Be sure not to confuse the toy pieces with the chocolate pieces.
Step 7: Finish assembly the toy and eating the chocolate.
Step 8: Deposit the wrapper, capsule, instructions, and any other garbage in the trash.
Step 9: After playing with the toy for 5 minutes, deposit it in the trash as well.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 10-07-2014 at 01:01 AM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #9
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
In case anyone is considering smuggling some Kinder eggs down to TFCon USA:

http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/blog/20...-us-officials/

Seriously, I was just thinking, if I were to go to TFCon USA, I might bring a few cases of them with me to sell. But this had me thinking twice. I mean what the hell is wrong with a country where you can give a kid an uzi, but a chocolate egg that has a small toy inside? Oh, no! That's too dangerous. That fat idiots might just shove the whole thing in their mouths.

If I do go to TFCon USA, and I do bring some eggs, I think I'll have to include detailed instructions on how to eat it.
Step 1: Unwrap the egg.
Step 2: Split the egg along the seem.
Step 3: Remove the toy capsule and set the chocolate aside.
Step 4: Open the toy capsule.
Step 5: Read the toy assembly instructions.
Step 6: Break pieces of the chocolate off and eat it while assembling the toy. Be sure not to confuse the toy pieces with the chocolate pieces.
Step 7: Finish assembly the toy and eating the chocolate.
Step 8: Deposit the wrapper, capsule, instructions, and any other garbage in the trash.
Step 9: After playing with the toy for 5 minutes, deposit it in the trash as well.

I think that it's the reading thing that is the tough part...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #10
Tonestar
Star Seeker

These are also appearing at Dollarama stores for $1 each. That's where I go my Ratchet.