Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 12-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
Pascal
Banned
Movie Allspark Power Voyager Incinerator : small review

Got it today from Australia. That was quick!

ALTERNATE MODE

Chopper from the beginning of the movie. Feels nice and solid (at least more than Blackout), has a good weight to it. You can flip out 3 little wheels from underneath to roll it around. You can activate both rotors by pulling repeatedly on the round lever located on the tail. Similar to Blackout (spin-stop-spin-stop). A mix of light and dark grey with some black (faction symbol on top +arrows on cockpit) and allspark blue (gimmick activator) paint apps. Some purple and blue arm bits are visible in this mode, but it's not that bad. Oh, and there are 2 little seats molded in the cockpit.

TRANSFORMATION

Fairly easy. Unfold the legs from underneath (and waist/legs assembly will move forward since it's spring-loaded), move the panels covering the thighs down (the outside ones look floppy at first but they lock with a tab on a tiny square located on the lower leg), flip up the feet, movie the arms into position and fold down the cockpit to reveal the head and activate the automorph gimmick : as you push the cockpit against the "spine" to which the backpack and arms are attache, the cockpit splits in 2 and the halves move outward. You lock the front on the cockpit on the waist and you're done!

ROBOT MODE

A lot of mechanical details throughout that unfortunately go unnoticed with lack of proper paint apps. Some more purple brought in the mix and a lot of the allspark blue as well (head, shoulders, arms, chest, upper legs, lower legs, etc.). Head has clear lightpiping with a clear visor, a little faction symbol on the forehead and some allspark blue paint apps added in the mix. Really good headsculpt in the style of Energon Landmine I would say. If you look closely, it looks like Incinerator is smiling sarcastically.

Incinerator can be posed quite decently despite the dragging tail. You get poseability at the head (ball joint), shoulders (fore and aft + swivel), upper arms (up and down + swivel), elbows, upper legs (fore and aft click joints + side to side), knees (standard joints + swivel) and feet.

The gimmick still works in robot mode. A lot of fans were bothered by the lack of proper hands, but I can't care less myself, Incinerator is ready to chop autobot metal! Compared to the other Voyager, I wouldn't say he's the best, but he's certainly better than Blackout imo. Feels more solid.

PROS :

Feels solid in alternator mode.
Imposing.
Gimmick (both modes).
Good headsculpt.
Automorph gimmick.
Poseability.

CONS :

Outside leg panels tend to pop out of position if you try to pose the legs.
Could have used more paint apps.
No hands.
Backpack.

Grimlock_13 : more than a year after its release Classics Disastrotrain still sucks. Real bad.
Matrix Soul : yes, the rotors can be rotated forward, I just forgot to show it in my pictures.

Last edited by Pascal; 12-20-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Movie Allspark Power Voyager Incinerator : small review

That looks really good, downside with that gimmick it'll be VERY difficult to swap engines so the intake is on the bottom...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
Pascal
Banned

Last edited by Pascal; 12-19-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #4
pud333
Animated

Nice review! Personally, I don't have a problem with "no hands" so long as it looks badass. Take Starscream for example, he's got no hands, but I like the large cannons so it's all good, vs. Jazz and his tiny t-rex hands. Completely useless, completely stupid looking. I find Incinerator is somewhere in between for me. Perhaps he'll look better close up when they're finally in stores. I thought Starscream sucked until I saw the toy in the actual store. we'll see

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Pascal
Banned

Last edited by Pascal; 12-19-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #6
Icetron

Thanks for the review and pics, I'll decide if I want him when it comes out. So far I'm digging the alt mode though, looks really cool.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:33 PM   #7
pud333
Animated

Ooh, the articulation looks good in that last pic. I'm all about articulation. Sick and tired of glorified paper weights.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:16 AM   #8
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Thanks again, Pascal!

I'm still not going to get him, for two reasons:

1. I really dislike the 'bot mode. The arms, the legs, the back, front and head... well, everything just seems... meh.

2. I probably would have picked him up anyway if to just boost my D-con forces, but I'm done with the movie toys.

Thanks again!
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:16 AM   #9
mitchmurphy

great review, im jealous now
Old 12-20-2007, 01:18 AM   #10
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Very nice looking. Can't wait to see him in person.

Thanks Pascal.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote