Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #71
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
That would have been a pretty cool reference to the source material.

yeah thats the one, I still have that book !

For an up to date pic

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #72
Ned1701
Armada
Ned1701's Ebay Auctions

man they r all ugly ships with 3 nacelles
Ned1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #73
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post

Kewl!

This reminds me I'm still very partial to the Constitution Class refit era of starships (I:TMP to VI:TUC). I think the Abramsverse dreadnought would be much bigger though. All ships from that universe are ridiculously larger than in the Prime universe, the Big E included.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #74
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Kewl!
I think the Abramsverse dreadnought would be much bigger though. All ships from that universe are ridiculously larger than in the Prime universe, the Big E included.

Yeah they just keep getting bigger, with that the NEW Enterprise has change size twice already , see below.

His JJ's Drednought must be frik'n huge 3000M in length thats 1.86 miles

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #75
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Yeesh...mass shifting gone awry!!!

Like Scotty once said...Constitution Class (pre and post refit) will always be the E for me

Old 05-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #76
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

STAR TREK versus STAR WARS???

Death Star II FTW.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #77
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Question Re: Star Trek Into Darkness

At this point I'm not going to spoiler alert anything, as it's been out for almost 3 weeks.

I have a couple of questions.

This first one might be a whole new thread all together, as there's already a TV show that talks about it.

1. Anyone think that what happened at the beginning of the movie, could have happened to us? If 10,000 years ago we saw something like the Enterprise rise up from the ocean, would we have called it.....Poseidon? Possibly fighting a "Fire Devil/Demon" and won?

From the point of view of the inhabitants: servants of Poseidon led us away from the Fire Demon's nest about to rise, saving us, and fought. After a great thunderous strike, the Fire Demon was defeated.

2. Quinto-Spock broke the (probably uncreated) Temporal Prime Directive, by contacting Nimoy-Spock in front of the bridge crew and asking him for info from another time, and timeline, did he inadvertantly reveal that he knew a man from the future, let alone a future himself?

Kirk kept it quiet in the first movie, and probably for the rest of his life, or until he needed to. We know Nimoy-Spock would have kept his identity a secret, probably to get to know his father again, and work on preserving what's left of the Vulcan race. He did express that he wanted Quinto-Spock and Pine-Kirk to discover their destiny together naturally, so he would never have contacted the Enterprise for any reason.

I'm not sure about you, if I was Quinto-Spock, I would have had the comm signal routed on a secure channel and into a private room. Because it's possible now that gossipy bridge crew might be saying, "First Officer Spock contacted his future-self for info, I wonder what he knows about my future..." etc etc etc.

Am I looking too much into this? Or am I a standard Trekie spoting a writing flaw? Regarding the 2nd question.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #78
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
At this point I'm not going to spoiler alert anything, as it's been out for almost 3 weeks.

1. Anyone think that what happened at the beginning of the movie, could have happened to us? If 10,000 years ago we saw something like the Enterprise rise up from the ocean, would we have called it.....Poseidon? Possibly fighting a "Fire Devil/Demon" and won?

From the point of view of the inhabitants: servants of Poseidon led us away from the Fire Demon's nest about to rise, saving us, and fought. After a great thunderous strike, the Fire Demon was defeated.
Quite true. The same could be said for many things, such as organized religion and folklore. Your point makes me think of the abandoned storyline from Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" where Jesus was actually a representative of The Engineers who dispatched him to check up on their progeny. After Space Jesus was mistaken for a messiah, persecuted, crucified, etc. The Engineers hatched a plan to eliminate humans with the black goo.

Quote:
2. Quinto-Spock broke the (probably uncreated) Temporal Prime Directive, by contacting Nimoy-Spock in front of the bridge crew and asking him for info from another time, and timeline, did he inadvertantly reveal that he knew a man from the future, let alone a future himself?
Yep, nuSpock contacting Spock Prime bugged the shit out of me. It was such a blatant move to wedge Nimoy into the film as if to say..."See?!? Our TWOK-centric fan service is legit cuz Nimoy's onboard!"

Perhaps Spock Prime's remark at the end of ST09 about there being "too few Vulcan's for him to stay hidden" meant he told everyone that's he's from a possible future so he'd be trusted to maintain the Vulcan heritage? That's a longshot, though.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #79
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:

I have a couple of questions.

This first one might be a whole new thread all together, as there's already a TV show that talks about it.

All this has happened before... in the series finale of Ron Moore's reimagined Battlestar Galactica .
Old 06-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #80
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
All this has happened before... in the series finale of Ron Moore's reimagined Battlestar Galactica .
There must be some way outta here...