Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 10-05-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
Sideslap
Master Shazbot
Angry DOTM Leader Ironhide

Hello there fellow Cybertronians I just thought I'd make a quick thread about some issues I've been having with my DOTM Leader Ironhide as I'm also working on customizing it. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty decent figure especially getting it at the $40 price point but I've found a few strange errors now it may just be mine but maybe take a look at yours and feel free to post feedback about this.

1. One of the first things I noticed was that the head doesn't turn seeing as I was planning to remove the mask a-la Peaugh's Mask Removal Tutorial turns out there was a small spot of glue on the neck joint.

2. The gears on the round cannon on his right arm don't seem to fit right and the smokestack mechanisim never quite goes in all the way when putting it back.

3. Lastly and I think this is the stupidest yet is there was actually a spot of glue on the inside of the battery cover. The electronics were fun for a few minutes but then slowly got annoying. So I decided to take them out. I remove the most obvious battery cover screws and try to remove the plate ... nothing. So I refer to the instructions turns out I did it right and still nothing. The bottom part seemed fine but the top seemed oddly stiff. I took a small flat head and ran it between the panel and the figure on the left side it worked just fine. Then when I got to the right to my disgust I couldn't get the head in. So after taking a small chisel and tapping it with a ball peen hammer there was a small crack and the panel came loose and the problem was revealed; a spot of glue a damn spot of glue!

I mean really Hasbro I understand you want children's toys to be "safe" but it clearly states in the instructions if you're not using the electronics (batteries) remove the batteries because they have a chance of bursting and corroding and wrecking the toy why would you go and do something counterproductive to just that? seriously! That just really irks me that someone at corporate upstairs thought it was a good idea to seal the batteries in heaven forbid a 3 year old get a screwdriver and the motor skills to operate said tool and remove the batteries and use them as afternoon snacks ... this is asshattery of the highest echelons.

So yeah ranting aside feel free to take a look at your Leader Ironhide's and see if you have the same problem as me also feel free to post any other odd or retarded problems you may have had.
Beast Machines Battle Unicorn

Sideslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
CBII
Animated
Re: DOTM Leader Ironhide

The head on my Ironhide doesn't move either. I just thought it was suppose to be like that.

I shall investigate.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

I don't want to look at mine in case I get pissed and chuck it out the window.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
CBII
Animated

So do I have to take the head apart or give it a good twist to break it free from it's glued confinement?
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I remember reading on one of the threads that the head being glued in place is a running change to the figure. It's done to protect the wires that run into the head to light up the eyes. I recall something about being able to use a hair dryer to un-glue it safely, but I don't remember the details.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
digitalskull

Yes Indeed, I did mine with a hair dryer & it went well. Just don't put it too close to the figure & do it a few seconds at a time with trying to turn his head gently after each Heat wave Good Luck!
digitalskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #7
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I remember reading on one of the threads that the head being glued in place is a running change to the figure. It's done to protect the wires that run into the head to light up the eyes. I recall something about being able to use a hair dryer to un-glue it safely, but I don't remember the details.
Yep... did this with two Ironhides now. It's not hard. Hold the hair dryer for about 30 seconds aimed at the neck, try twisting, repeat and eventually the glue will give and the neck will turn.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

I was about to pick this figure up on sale at TRU the otherday, until I realised the figure had been opened and returned, missing some peieces of course including his hunting knife....

I'll wait for another sale to find this guy
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I read about that as well, some were calling it the 'Steven Seagal Neck Trick' where you could give it a sharp but short twist to crack the glue. But I'd bet the hair dryer method is safer.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #10
sikkbones
Banned

i have lost a lot of interest in this figure thanks to this....

I am seriously considering buying not quite a leader DOTM Bee now because at least all his crappy electronics are in a throw away backpack....
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote