Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 06-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transforming for SickKids 2009! Scotiabank Theatre, Toronto June 23rd - 29th, 2009

Transforming for SickKids is doing a Raffle Prize draw and selling the tickets inside of Scotiabank Theatre, in Toronto from June 23rd - 28th. All proceeds benefit the Therapeutic Clown Program at the Hospital for SickKids in Toronto.

Hasbro Canada has donated over 16 BOXES worth of Transformers toys from all of their lines, so there's a little something for everyone. For more details click here.

Last edited by GMfan; 06-25-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Super_Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Galvanize_Prime
Transforming for SickKids 2009! Scotiabank Theatre, Toronto June 23rd - 29th, 2009

Hey guys!

My name is Will Lam aka "Galvanize Prime" and I'm the founder of the Transforming for SickKids Initiative.

I'm doing a Raffle Prize draw and selling the tickets inside of Scotiabank Theatre, in Toronto from June 23rd - 28th. All proceeds benefit the Therapeutic Clown Program at the Hospital for SickKids in Toronto.

I figure I'd talk to the REAL and PASSIONATE fans of the Transformers Franchise.

I have Hasbro Canada as our main sponsor and they donated over 16 BOXES worth of toys from all of their lines, so there's a little something for everyone.

Here's a Flickr Slideshow of the prizes we have so far.

I'm also donating my ENTIRE personal collection (minus Masterpiece Optimus Prime.. he's a keeper for this cause. That's how serious I am.

My target is $25,000 which is a bit insane, but I'm kind of an insane guy

The tickets span anywhere between $10 to $50 with your odds increasing with the more tickets you buy.

You can participate in 2 ways. You can either participate in the Promotional Draw (think raffle) or you can donate straight up and get a tax receipt.

For all the info and progress we've made in terms of Twitter updates, blog posts and videos you can visit www.transformingforsickkids.com

If this is something that resonates with you, please share with your friends, donate, or if you're in Toronto, drop by Scotiabank Theatre and say Hi!

I'll be there beginning tonight at Scotiabank Theatre and everyday afterward till June 28th. Hope to see some faces and tell me that you're from the Cybertron.ca forums. I'd like to take a pic with you guys and put it on the blog!

Hope to connect with all of you soon!

Warmest,

Will Lam aka Galvanize Prime
Founder
Transforming for SickKids

PS Please help Digg my latest article (Top 10 Coolest Transformers) and put this cause on the front page of Digg.com!

Last edited by Galvanize_Prime; 06-23-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Galvanize_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com
Re: Transforming for SickKids 2009! Scotiabank Theatre, Toronto June 23rd - 29th, 20

Excellent work, Will. Major kudos for doing this.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
Razorwing
Robot in Disguise
Re: Transforming for SickKids 2009! Scotiabank Theatre, Toronto June 23rd - 29th, 20

Very awesome stuff Will!

ROTF Owned: LDR Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Soundwave, Rampage, RH Prime&Blackout, RH Bumlebee&Longhaul, LGD Prime, LGD Jetfire, Knockout,Ransack,Breakaway, DepthCharge,Skids, Mixmaster, HA Bee, Scapel, LDR Jetfire, Ravage, Mudflap, Ice Cream Twins, and Jolt.
Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #5
Magnimus
Alternator

Wow! What a cause. I'll be in Toronto on the 27th, so I'll definitely come in and buy some tickets.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #6
inhale
Generation 2

awesome!, see you there tonight.. look for an azn guy wearing black/silver fcuk optimus t-shirt and a black/silver transformers hat..i hope no one bites me and wears what i wear lol
inhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
Galvanize_Prime

Thanks for the kind words guys! I hope to meet all of you who drop in Scotiabank Theatre beginning tonight up until June 28th

Here's a pic of rockin' the Transforming for SickKids 2009 tshirt http://yfrog.com/0pu2fj

And here's a link to the donate page.

Thanks again guys!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Awesome effort Will, I hope you do really, really well with this.

can you elaborate on some of the prizes you'll have, out of curiosity?
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I'm going to be in the big city on friday so count me in.
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #10
Galvanize_Prime

Hey thanks for the reply Aernaroth!

Here's a link to a Flickr slideshow of the prizes so far Hope this gives an idea what we have in store in terms of prizes.

Tags
transforming for sickkids