Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..
Ebay seller Wheeljackslab--share your experiences please

Hey everyone,

Has anybody purchased Transformers off Ebay thru Wheeljackslab?

I just had a horrible experience dealing with him. He sent me the wrong item. I contacted him and said 'return it to me, ship it using first class'.

So I got to Canada Post and ask for First class. It costs $14.04.

I give him a tracking number and ask for reimbursement--and what does he do? He says I used the wrong shipping service, and that it should have cost me "$4-$5".

So I explain that shipping is more expensive from Canada, and that there isn't a first class, and that the least expensive service to his location is $8--regular parcel.

I open disputes, send copies of the bill--and he continues to refuse to pay more than $5--not even meet me half way!!!

Today, my original items finally show up with a $5 bill in the box. What an insult.

So I'm not sure if other people have had the same experience, but needless to say I will never purchase from him again. Sure it's only $9...but that's painful to pay for shipping twice when it was his mistake!!!

--Echo
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag
Re: Ebay seller Wheeljackslab--share your experiences please

I heard good and bad things about him. Hopefully some other members can help you out.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I know Wheeljackslab. He's a pretty decent guy. Don't know what to tell ya other than that.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
dees
Beasty

Fortunately, I never bought anything from him, but he was a pretty big dick.

Surprised he was willing to ship to Canada. He wouldn't ship to Canada and when I agreed to have it shipped to my sister in Texas, he wouldn't accept paypal, so I was asked to send a money order. Then he decides to up the shipping costs even though it was going to be shipped within the US. That's when I gave up.

A week later, he emails me back asking if he's replied to my email as if we had never ever commincated.

Total jerk.
dees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
Nightshade83

Damn, you mean I'm not the only one who has had to deal with this @sshole?!

I just won a G1 Trypticon off him, and went to pay for my purchase. I didn't think $35 shipping to Canada was that unreasonable, considering Trypticon's size.

However, when I went to pay my ebay invoice, it said that he wasn't accepting paypal. He wanted me to send him a money order instead.

The item description said "Paypal accepted". When I asked him about shipping to Canada before I even placed a bid he never said otherwise.

Since I said no, in that case I'm not going to bother with the purchase unless I can pay the original stated price of $74 total for G1 Trypticon, G1 Jazz and shipping with my paypal account I don't want it at all, he's threatening to get me banned from ebay!

Can he do that?

There's something sleazy about this guy.

Either way, I've contacted ebay about it. I hope they take this seriously.

Decepticons? I've survived Unicron AND being a Headmaster ... TO A WHINY LITTLE HUMAN BRAT!!!

My Transformers fanfiction: Vapour Trails ,
Prayer
Devart page: http://violetlight83.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Nightshade83; 10-20-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Nightshade83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Nah,

He can't get you banned from eBay. The most he can do is give you an unpaid item strike.

Some ebay sellers are just jerks. I've been an ebay member for a LONG time and I've learned that most sellers are very personable and easy to get along with but some can be total jerks.

I always email people now if shipping to Canada isn't stated in the auction. Like the last jerk off who lived in Rochester (about 2 hrs from my place) charged me flat rate international shipping.

I've dealt with wheeljackslab before. He wouldn't let me pay through Paypal because I was shipping to my aunt in the states. I waited till I made a trip to the states and then got a US money order. The payment was delayed but the item got there fine.

This is probably what he does for a living, so he's picky about funds/payments.

Cheers!
-Ian
Cheers Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
Batman
The Dark Knight

I try to stay away from ebay when possible. I usually contact sellers before I bid, even if I already know the answer. I just sort of ask to get a feel for the person because you can usually tell if the person is a jerk or not.

The bottom line is it was his mistake, not yours, and he should have reimbursed you for all the money you paid for shipping. It's the cost of business.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #8
BraveFortressMaximus
Beasty

It more based on buyer beware and used your own discretion on something. Ebay won't protect everyone and those jerk off seller just make life even worst to those honest seller who try to make some sort of money trying to sell.
BraveFortressMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #9
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I stick to Canadian sellers. I still have problems, but they're much more minor when they don't involve cross border shipping. Earlier this year I broke my rule and bought 1 small thing for an American seller. It never arrived. Fortunately the guy was a real class act and he gave me a full refund. Woohoo!

Nightshade83, sorry to hear about your Trypticon sale not going through. I guess you're searching for a Trypticon again?

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #10
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

OK... maybe this is a different Wheeljackslab than the one I know...
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote