Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-17-2019, 05:52 AM   #61
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: haslab unicron

If you wanted just back it... as for me after a couple of days of hard look, no. Basically a Siege figure at Siege quality with a SoC/DX SoC/Sentinel/HotToys/etc price tag? Really?

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #62
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboru View Post
Most people buy a car... this is way too low of a gift for surviving our Education system.
Lol, agreed, or in my case I did this silly thing called saved money and bought a house. But....a....crazy priced toy is just as good...right?
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:19 AM   #63
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
I just finished 20 years of education and I'm cashing in now making more money than I ever thought I would.. I promised myself a gift! And I waited and waited ..and POW!
Congrats Doc!. But have you consider buying yourself something perhaps more substantial for man you've made yourself instead of the kid inside you?

Say a nice Swiss watch with mechanical movement? A fine fountain pen to sign you signature?
Old 07-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #64
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

I don't begrudge the price tag on this thing, and I'm happy for anyone who is in a position to buy it. In another time and place I'd back it too. But it's out of my reach right now, and so were a lot of other, equally awesome TF figures that came out recently. That's life. I planned toward a few big ticket items this year, and that will be enough.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #65
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

I will own this. I just finished paying off my credit cards and credit line... or rather, I was just finished paying off my credit cards and credit line. Instant noodles forever!!!
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #66
joshimus
Metroplex

I really want to join in on this but August may be a brutal month for figures for me. So...I dunno. I really want that Unicron.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:32 PM   #67
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Yeah no. I’m not always a quantity over quality guy, but this is basically 1 insanely huge figure versus around 30 Deluxe class figures. I gotta vote for the mass variety of a ton of things over just one thing.

Plus Hasbro can go get bent with crowdfunding, backing, and/or kickstarting. They make more profit as a company in one day than I do in probably five years. Between the cash coming in from Transformers, the trickle of profit on Star Wars, the flood of Marvel money, the movie rights they hold... nope nope nope. The greedy assbutts can fund this puppy on their own.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:47 PM   #68
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

An interesting wrinkle here is the news that Siege Unicron will be available in Japan as a Takara Tomy Mall exclusive, and so far there's no indication that the Japanese release is being crowdfunded or is dependent on preorder targets. Which implies there's something a wee bit bogus about this HasLab model of "minimum 8,000 presales or it doesn't get made". It looks like it's going to be made either way.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:50 PM   #69
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Congrats Doc!. But have you consider buying yourself something perhaps more substantial for man you've made yourself instead of the kid inside you?

Say a nice Swiss watch with mechanical movement? A fine fountain pen to sign you signature?
Sure, if you want to be boring.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:41 PM   #70
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Sure, if you want to be boring.
What if the Swiss Watch and Fountain pen transformed?...nope, still kinda boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
An interesting wrinkle here is the news that Siege Unicron will be available in Japan as a Takara Tomy Mall exclusive, and so far there's no indication that the Japanese release is being crowdfunded or is dependent on preorder targets. Which implies there's something a wee bit bogus about this HasLab model of "minimum 8,000 presales or it doesn't get made". It looks like it's going to be made either way.
It also possibly implies preorder sales which could be also part of the crowdfunding.

Last edited by joshimus; 07-17-2019 at 03:49 PM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote