Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #31
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Cool Re: Power Core & the Combiners, I understand now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatron View Post
Power Core Combiners are O.K., they are not the first thing I rush out to buy but they are definately fun. I'd like it if the limbs transformed but then they would cost a lot more and they wouldn't be bought by as many parents to give to their kids and Hasbo's profits would suffer. I think we have to remember that $25 for a transforming figure and four drones to play with is not a bad deal. For a 12 year boy it would be pretty awesome.

...Its also fair for collectors not to like the PCC line but given that Hasbro is giving us a lot these days it might just be a little petty to complain about it. Or think about it this way, if a 12 year boy gets a PCC for his birthday it may just create a new fan, and that helps all of us out because it keeps Transfomers going and leads Hasbro to keep investing in the brand.
I totally agree.

From all the posts thus far, can we summarize (or generalize) that...

For us adult collectors, PCC is 3-7 out of 10
For kids (aged 4-14), PCC is 5-9.5 out of 10

???

Lastly, I totally love collecting the Classics-verse figures, but I feel this PCC toyline is great work desk fodder.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)

Last edited by Metroplex79; 10-19-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:16 AM   #32
TFtoys
Animated
Re: Power Core & the Combiners, I understand now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
I totally agree.

From all the posts thus far, can we summarize (or generalize) that...

For us adult collectors, PCC is 3-7 out of 10
For kids (aged 4-14), PCC is 5-9.5 out of 10

???

Lastly, I totally love collecting the Classics-verse figures, but I feel this PCC toyline is great work desk fodder.
for Kids, i think is 3-9.5/10. I dont' think that they buy everything which can transform.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:27 AM   #33
jackwacko
Classic

Personally, I haven't bought any PCCs for now (dependent on the Dino 5-pack) but when I asked a kid who's friends with my sister in regards to PCC, this is what they said:

"What's a back wind (the kind that blows in the air)..? And No bumblebee or Optimus?"

-lack of familiar faces, which hasbro has been constitent of having familiar guys on shelves (BB, for example)

when I was in china, and asked how PCCs were selling there
"Kids like the Deluxes and guys they know from the show"
-Within the country with the most youth population, it does show that it doesn't move well not because the gimmick sucks (though i wouldn't say it's mind-blowing), more because the lack of recognition

But that could all be Hasbro's attempt in bringing fresh blood in this decade old franchise, while not having to risk releasing a bad Optimus or BB, but i wouldn't see how they can design OP or BB as a combiner.

All in all, I think they need something that appeal to both kids and collectors that feels familiar and being fresh, the Dinobot team and Constructicon team seems like a good direction to head.

Feedback Thread:Cybertron.ca
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:51 AM   #34
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Forgive my complete ignorance, but I just read that these guys limb pieces don't Transform? That kinda surprises me, I never would have realized it looking at the package.

Kinda makes me think of Voltron or Power Rangers.

I'l still give the Dinobot one a chance since I think my daughter will really like it, I'm just kinda surprised we're getting one Transformer instead of five.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #35
CyberMnky
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Forgive my complete ignorance, but I just read that these guys limb pieces don't Transform? That kinda surprises me, I never would have realized it looking at the package.

Kinda makes me think of Voltron or Power Rangers.

I'l still give the Dinobot one a chance since I think my daughter will really like it, I'm just kinda surprised we're getting one Transformer instead of five.
The main guy/body/commander has a robot, vehicle, and torso mode with a second head. The limbs are "drones" which when plugged have a spring loaded gimmick that causes them to unfold (for lack of a better word), but they don't have an individual robot mode.

Personally, I like the PCC line. I think the Commanders are pretty cool. I wouldn't mind a mass pack of drones though - a 12 pack of repainted previous drones; 6 arms and 6 legs, with a new mold commander.

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #36
cloudhopper
Generation 2

Yeah, I like the line too.

The drawback is that they look best in combined mode and there is more commanders than limbs.

So, I have to choose.
cloudhopper is offline   Reply With Quote