Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
RodimusMatrix
Beasty
Re: Intersing find!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I don't see anything wrong, that's a bargain for $4.92!
lol i wish it was 4.92 someone must of put it there !!
________
YAMAHA TX16W SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by RodimusMatrix; 03-09-2011 at 10:18 PM.
RodimusMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I'm not sure if its ripping off stores. I think its more of trying to "upgrade" your figure. I get the feeling its like the guy/gal thinks, I don't like my prime I'll just exchange it for one I do like. I read a post a few weeks back where somebody put their Movie Prime in a ROTF Prime box and returned it. I've seen it done with Prowl/Samurai Prowl too.

It is still ripping off the store, Cybertron Prime retailed at 49.99/59.99 tops. Universe Prime retails well above that. Plus Cybertron Prime included a cyber planet key, and a trailer. This is incomplete. On top of that any idiot who isn't aware could buy this thing for their child and wind up being royally screwed over by the douchebag who replaced the Prime with the incorrect Prime.

I do not consider it 'upgrading' this is fraud plain and simple and very disrespectful to collectors and kids who get the toys and don't notice the switch. At least on the kids front, anybody who sees it doesn't match the figure in the box should damn well know not to buy it. Hell the idiots working at Wal-Mart should never accept these things. It is completely BS.

Hell swapping an original Movie Prime for the RotF Prime is also being a cheating a$$. On top of that returning one toy Prowl in another toy's packaging Samurai Prowl means basically that they are paying for two toys. Returning one they don't happen to like or care for and then getting the money back for the wrong toy in the packaging of the toy they liked better. That is ripping off the store. It rips off whoever buys the regular Prowl in SProwl's packaging next because they aren't getting what they want/paid for and on top of that it paints a bad picture for those of us who collect these toys.

There is no way EVER that pulling this little scam is legal or appreciated. I would hate to find the last RotF Ironhide on the shelf with original Movie Ironhide in the box instead. It's not what I wanted and it royally messes up my plans for a purchase for something I was really looking forward to that day.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #13
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I totally agree with everything you've said. I'm just speculating on the mentality behind why people do this.

In some of their minds, they probably don't think they're doing anything wrong. It's like they buy a Movie Prime, it's nice and all, but when they see the ROTF Prime, they go "screw this it's not fair. ROTF Primes way better. I wouldn't have bought Movie Prime if I new a better one was coming out. They should have come out with the better figure in the first place." Same goes fore Samurai Prowl and this Cybertron Prime thing. Maybe the reason the trailer's not in there is because he/she couldn't fit it in. In these peoples minds they don't think they're doing anything wrong. In they're minds they're making things right, right for themselves and dam everyone else.

Once again, I totally agree. It's wrong. I almost ened up with that "Samurai Prowl".

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 06-14-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:52 AM   #14
TFtoys
Animated

how come the clerk or manager does not realize this obviously mistake?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #15
Bountyan
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
Because they don't know what the toys look like? I don't know, just a guess.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:39 AM   #16
Prime_Pessimus

to the return desk clerk: prime is a red cab thingy.
CHECK!

"the beauty of big box stores' return policy manned by rookies"
Prime_Pessimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #17
RodimusMatrix
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
Because they don't know what the toys look like? I don't know, just a guess.
I don't think they want to waste time on inspecting each toy or figurine that someone returns however if the box has a picture of the item on it then would be pretty obvious that these primes are two totally different items which i would totally be pissed off ppl do stupid things like this and plus staff members don't properly check there items..
________
TOYOTA CROWN MAJESTA

Last edited by RodimusMatrix; 03-09-2011 at 10:18 PM.
RodimusMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #18
slippy
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I've seen it done with Prowl/Samurai Prowl too.
Why would they even accept returns on loose toys?
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #19
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
because they honestly dont care.i myself have brought to the manager of a walmart's attention something amiss.i found a universe heavyload that some one "repacked",pointed out that there's no way in hell some poor kid is going to be able to load a "dragon tail" into the launcher and fire it.(somebody switched out the missile for a piece of a glow in the dark dragons tail )after bringing it to his attention and spending 20 mins tracking him down in the first place,a week later,lo and behold,it's back on the shelf,retaped,tail still in there,full price,etc.that's when i gently placed the boxed heavyload on the ground,and proceeded to stomp all the box corners so that no grandma or grandpa etc would even look at it to buy for their grand kids.then i placed it back on the shelf with a really,really,really big grin.they act like they care while you're there so you dont cause a scene,but in the end,they just want their paycheck and vacation.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #20
Uberman
Energon

It gets weirder, really. That thing has been there for at least a week, and if you look in it, all the bits and pieces are still included, including the rifle and fists and everything. So someone took the prime and trailer out, but not the stuff you need to actually make it a proper Prime robot mode.

Additionally, whoever it was saw fit to include the instructions for ROTF Legends prime in there as well. Thanks, dude! Very useful.

Quick note: it's not just big box stores. I saw a Star Wars comic two pack at an honest-to-goodness nerd-fuelled comic store that had a POTF Stormtrooper in it instead of the fancy new removable-helmet one it was supposed to include.

Last edited by Uberman; 06-14-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Uberman is offline   Reply With Quote