Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-08-2016, 09:57 PM   #81
sarmick01
Canadian Slag
Re: New TF's - Are we impatient or are stores too slow ?

They won't/can't tell you much of anything. And I've seen Hasbro reps here in brantford as well, in both TRU and Wal-Mart.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:59 PM   #82
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmick01 View Post
They won't/can't tell you much of anything. And I've seen Hasbro reps here in brantford as well, in both TRU and Wal-Mart.
Then they aren't good reps, because reps for other companies can tell you a great deal.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:28 AM   #83
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Then they aren't good reps, because reps for other companies can tell you a great deal.
Yeah. In my job at the convinience store I've talked to a bunch of candy reps. The ones from Nestle could tell you what stuff sells better in your province and even what sells more in other area of the country and you can have an interesting conversation on market trends. Like that time everybody started to release dark chocolate.

Why are toy reps so uninformed then?
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:03 AM   #84
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Basically it's the same answer as mentioned before. Hasbro chooses not to tell them anything and chooses not to listen to them. They are not bad reps by choice, their orders are simply to make sure all items are set up in the stores and are as full as possible. They don't follow sales numbers like the Nestle, Red bull and Coke reps generally because they themselves are vendors running their own "businesses" and have to prove their numbers back to their respective companies.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #85
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Basically it's the same answer as mentioned before. Hasbro chooses not to tell them anything and chooses not to listen to them. They are not bad reps by choice, their orders are simply to make sure all items are set up in the stores and are as full as possible. They don't follow sales numbers like the Nestle, Red bull and Coke reps generally because they themselves are vendors running their own "businesses" and have to prove their numbers back to their respective companies.
I'm not just talking about candy and pop reps here. Electronics reps, other toy reps, all know a great deal. I find it impossible to believe the Hasbro reps don't know anything.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:26 AM   #86
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Ya know I haven't bought a transformer so far this year... and I'm not sure I even bought any toy in a store at all so far in 2016... All I've gotten was stuff from Mandarake and Onell Design...
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote