Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron
RPG OLD SCHOOL

Hey guys! I have been bouncing the idea of getting a game going old school RPG..pen, paper, dice and imagination..What I want to do is try and make a group of player characters work as a team and pilot mecha that combine into a larger robot, I.E. Voltron or a Megazord..that part is easy to figure out..the part that is kinda stumping me is the combat sequence..I would like to figure out a way using the Palladium dice system(d20), to involve the whole team in the combat, not just the team leader rolling for everything...Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:35 PM   #2
Aernaroth
Metroplex
Re: RPG OLD SCHOOL

Mechamorphosis (a 3rd party d20 system) had rules for combining, those might be a start.

What about having the limb do the checks for a certain action (based on the roll of whoever that player is)? The legs can do tumble or run or jump or kick checks or checks for rocket boosters or whatever, and the arms can do attack rolls or whatever, and the head/torso has to do checks for keeping the whole team together every time they take a hit.

Or have the players pick what they want to do, and their rolls either go against the DC, or support the player rolling the check as a synergy bonus?
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #3
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron
Re: RPG OLD SCHOOL

I was thinking my group is a 3 man team. So in combimed mode I thought one would do all the piloting rolls,one would do the attack rolls and the last guy would do all the defensive rolls.. any input to this?
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote