Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-20-2017, 11:49 PM   #61
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Counting 'em down again! One more time :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeCron View Post
He is definitely my favorite one out of the 6 that TFC released!! Great Job!!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfwc View Post
I can see why it is one of your favorites, it looks amazing, to bad for the weaknesses when it all comes together. I just wanted to comment on your background... wow, with the fig in the forefront it looks amazing. Great job, it's fun to look at.
Thanks much appreciated. Had they simply given him an elbow ratchet capable supporting the weight it wold have been damn near perfect for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
Lovin this countdown!!!!!! The effort and pics are appreciated!!!
Thanks boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
that 2nd pic of thousand kills reminds me of doc oct.
I like that you used him for a leg which gives some colour cohesion that is lacking in mine. Maybe I'll pick him up if he ever goes on sale.

keep it up, we're almost there!
I grabbed him of eBay with one of those coupons so was a good deal at the time and I really wanted to finish of the team. Once I got him in hand and saw the length of the "arms" I really wanted to try the Doc Oc look. One thing I noticed after I posted was I accidently photo-shopped out one of the tentacle tips

and yep almost there. We are getting heavier both weight wise and picture wise because tomorrow's submission has a lot of pics lol

Last edited by wervenom; 12-21-2017 at 05:24 PM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:01 AM   #62
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Introducing out of the blue (and later black) background, hailing from Mastermind Creations brought to me TF Con 2017 by way of Madhaus, weighing in at 1125 grams, the first character to crack the 1 kg mark, the Nemesis of Nova

MMC Demonicus Prominon!

I don’t know when he was first announced but I didn’t want him. He’s a nice figure but was too much money and not enough interest. Primecron, however, loved it and told me all about it (funny how he does that). Fast forward 4 months from then and I liked the Nova Prime character and Beezleboss (I think) was supposed to do a kit for the BC Prime and yet here we are 2 years after they said they would be doing it and we have NOTHING. So I asked Chansformers to make me one last year and I love it. Amazing piece so I decided to put him with my Prime collection and then at TF Con I found the Seraphicus version for a really good deal but I didn’t need two white ones but I also couldn’t say no (damn PCA). Then I saw the Demonicus and then it hit me that it was the one I wanted and not the white one so I had to get it as well. That way my custom would be the “good” one (if you could ever call Nova Prime good) and Demonicus the bad one. The darkness would invade him and change his form and that works for me. The chrome on the guy is scary but looks amazing. Bit disappointed that he didn’t come with the small swords, like Seraphicus, so I borrowed them from Hexatron for a little while. Good and bad is the wingspan. I love the size but can’t display them all fanned out in a Detolf but man it is impressive. Have to say his overall look is amazing regardless as to which version you get even though he is on the pricey side but I have no regrets. Thanks Primecron.

Please forgive the pics as they don’t do him justice. The chrome was a new thing for me so tried to play with lighting and did not work out to my liking but no time to re-take them today. Will definitely re-shoot this guy one day!

Old 12-22-2017, 01:20 AM   #63
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfwc View Post
I can see why it is one of your favorites, it looks amazing, to bad for the weaknesses when it all comes together. I just wanted to comment on your background... wow, with the fig in the forefront it looks amazing. Great job, it's fun to look at.
Totally agree! Very good thematic fit with the group and good balance of contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
I like that you used him for a leg which gives some colour cohesion that is lacking in mine. Maybe I'll pick him up if he ever goes on sale.
I also like that look of symmetrical balance too. Shame about the ratchets indeed, but I still intend to complete the set of 6 one day (only have 3 members right now myself) and despite not being able to hold whoever ends up being the targetmaster in my display, I don't think it's enough of a drawback to dissuade my enjoyment of the finished gestalt. Truth is, Piranacon was the very first and only combiner team I could complete as a kid; my parents were poor so I only ever got the odd team team member here and there. Scramble City mix of limbs to make a combined gestalt like a larger Autobot X (or Decepticon Y where applicable) was the way I had to roll, lol.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:25 AM   #64
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Totally agree! Very good thematic fit with the group and good balance of contrast.

I also like that look of symmetrical balance too. Shame about the ratchets indeed, but I still intend to complete the set of 6 one day (only have 3 members right now myself) and despite not being able to hold whoever ends up being the targetmaster in my display, I don't think it's enough of a drawback to dissuade my enjoyment of the finished gestalt. Truth is, Piranacon was the very first and only combiner team I could complete as a kid; my parents were poor so I only ever got the odd team team member here and there. Scramble City mix of limbs to make a combined gestalt like a larger Autobot X (or Decepticon Y where applicable) was the way I had to roll, lol.
I just use another robot under the targetmaster to have it held up. I never had transformers as a kid. I got Gobots. Any TF's I got I had to buy with my newspaper money lol
Old 12-22-2017, 07:32 AM   #65
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 22

Introducing out of I don’t know how many backgrounds, hailing from Hasbro brought to me by way of TRU care of Yonoid, weighing in at a total weight of 1126 grams, the second box set of the year that wasn’t filled with combiner pieces, the strength set otherwise known as

Siege on Cybertron!

Very special thanks to Yonoid for picking this up for me on the first day it came out and getting stuck having to wait for someone at TRU to figure out how to scan it. This is going to be a bit of a tough one since parts of this are meant to go with parts of other reveals throughout this past month so there might be a bit of jumping back and forth. Also seeing how there is 5 bots total I’m not sure I can get all the pics I wanted to show off with it in one post so there could be more than one just for this day. One thing I will say is that unlike the Chaos set, this is one that I won’t break up lol

Old 12-22-2017, 07:34 AM   #66
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Bot 1 – Titan Master Thunderwing

He’s a Titan Master and can’t say much beyond that. He’s die cast, good paint and surprisingly they gave the TM Scorponok the same head as an actual TM. I think it is the same TM head as Fangry as well. Interesting. Also can’t say much about that but not sure why they made him just a head. Guess this is what he gets for not winning the Power of the Primes contest.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #67
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Bot 2 – Pounce (and Wingspan too. Told ya he’d be back lol)

I have been waiting for years to get my hands on this guy and his brother. I had a chance to play with a set of G1’s a few years ago but I never had the opportunity to own a set as a kid but always wanted them. They look way better than the Autobot clones and I thought they were cool toys back then and I think it still rings true today. One sad thing is the way Hasbro no longer has weapons for most of the legends class figures because all 4 clones definitely need them. Fortunately Madhaus solved my problem for me by finding a bunch of swords meant for Evil Lord I think his name is, the really tiny Overlord. Anyway not being a war in pocket fan (at least I think that is what the line is called) I had no idea if the peg size would work but seeing how 5mm is pretty much standard I took a chance and was not disappointed. For both of them, the articulation is limited but I still think they make a great pair and go wonderfully with Sixshot as they did in Masterforce and since he was supposed to be training them in the way of the Ninja what better weapons to have than these. Now for the actual figures I can’t recall but I thought it was harder to tell them apart in their G1 toys than it is for these two. Bot modes are good but I wish the tail sections folded up a bit higher and that the hands could fold in just to streamline the beast modes a bit more. In the end all good as I have some proper clones and the Vehicon Wingspan and Pounce can take their rightful place on the other side of the room in the TF Prime collection.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #68
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Bot 3 Metalhawk – no clue what to say.

I picked up the Botcon Metalhawk earlier this year which is essentially his pretender shell (with severely crossed eyes) and now I have the “inner robot” or the real robot, I have no idea. So what do I do with 2 of them? Simple keep them lol. I only had one pretender as a kid and to be honest I don’t remember the name. Yellow dude with a scorpion inner bot is all I remember but with this set of them it’s nice to see Hasbro stretching into some of the Japanese characters as Masterforce was my favourite of the 3. Only nitpick is the cannons on the arms. They could have left them off IMO but the mold works well so thumbs up Hasbro.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:31 AM   #69
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Bot 4 - Tidal Wave

Too small but so is Broadside. These should have been leader class period. Plane mode is still ugly so I went with the fan mode. I do regret selling my original Tidal Wave and this is just OK. Nothing to say about this one specifically he’s just meh.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #70
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Bot 5 - Magnus Prime

OK who are we kidding? It’s Ginrai pure and simple and gotta say he’s pretty good by comparison to the PMOP that Hasbro first released. The feet are so-so and wish they had a tab at the front to lock them in but ultimately like Godbomber I never had any intention of this being a standalone figure and never planned on the titan master gimmick either so as kind of a bonus I also went the PE PC-15 upgrade kit, which I picked up from Madhaus and gave him the LED head. Good set but the eyes are a little dim, if that is by design or if they batteries were losing their life I’m not sure. Have to say that I really do like the combined mode overall and as I said before this entire set I am keeping and this piece has earned a place in the Prime Detolf replacing the Commemorative Series PMOP with Apex Armour.