Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 10-25-2022, 10:40 AM   #61
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Toys R Us Canada Announces all Collector Items Products as FINAL SALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
I do not understand the appeal of Funko Pops
my wife has a couple of em, basically just ones that represent series/properties that she likes

for example, she got three of the Ramones funkos (did they do all 4? I would imagine so)
all the Strawberry Shortcake ones
and all the ones for Gargoyles

but virtually none, beyond that
In my mind, I figure the Ramones one are just a neat lil shelf way of saying "i like thing" for a property that doesn't really have many other (things to put on a shelf)
and the Gargoyles collection started before NECA started busting out amazing figs, etc
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 10:41 AM   #62
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

They make as much sense as your Grandma's china plate collection or your Aunts Swarovski collection. They dont apeal to us TF fans, but it does to the people that collect them.

Clearly there is a market otherwise people wouldn't be after chase figures or have people scalping the item.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:53 AM   #63
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
I do not understand the appeal of Funko Pops. I have exactly 2 of them, both of them are Groot from GOTG1, and both were essentially given to me as gifts. And they just sit there, in their boxes, and take up space. How does anyone decide which ones to collect? They have so many varieties of every known character from everything.
What's the appeal of Transformers figures for Mint in Box collectors? They just sit there, in their boxes, taking up space. How does anyone decide which ones to collect? There are do many varieties these days, from bayverse to G1 and Beast Wars, and even Armada now, it's every known characters from all eras of Transformers.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 12:56 AM   #64
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Damn, that no returns policy for action figures is gaining in reach. We got it in Quebec for action figures, like Spider-man in closed box. Not verified if that will include Transformers as well since they aren't always considered collector toys or action figures I'll check it out when I buy one this saturday.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:58 AM   #65
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

IMHO, toy swapping and scalper returns, could easily be dealt with if only they had trained staff that actually knew the product in each store, and they treated them well enough so they cared. But that means investing in the staff, which ain't going to happen.

Trained staff could spot the swaps before the return can be made. And if they tracked the number of returns someone makes, maybe they can simply stop selling to them. I mean online stores track pre-order cancellations/returns, and if you do it too much, they stop letting you pre-order. If a small business can do that, surely TRU could.

But instead, they pass the buck on to the customer. And well, that's going to cost them sales in the long run. Don't know how much they make on collector stuff, so don't know how much of a dent it's going to make on their bottom line in the short term. But if this is an indication of how the company is run in general, everyone get out their black suits, there's a funeral in future.

I mean, I can preorder my stuff from our site sponsors for cheaper, be pretty much guaranteed that I'll get it, and it won't be tampered with. So what's the incentive for me to buy from TRU again?
Old 10-27-2022, 09:44 AM   #66
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
IMHO, toy swapping and scalper returns, could easily be dealt with if only they had trained staff that actually knew the product in each store, and they treated them well enough so they cared. But that means investing in the staff, which ain't going to happen.

Trained staff could spot the swaps before the return can be made. And if they tracked the number of returns someone makes, maybe they can simply stop selling to them. I mean online stores track pre-order cancellations/returns, and if you do it too much, they stop letting you pre-order. If a small business can do that, surely TRU could.

But instead, they pass the buck on to the customer. And well, that's going to cost them sales in the long run. Don't know how much they make on collector stuff, so don't know how much of a dent it's going to make on their bottom line in the short term. But if this is an indication of how the company is run in general, everyone get out their black suits, there's a funeral in future.

I mean, I can preorder my stuff from our site sponsors for cheaper, be pretty much guaranteed that I'll get it, and it won't be tampered with. So what's the

incentive for me to buy from TRU again?
Zero.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 09:46 AM   #67
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Ya unfortunately a lot of companies have become "investor facing" over "consumer facing" and its starting to show.

Hasbro claims to be for the fans and kids while implementing sales strategies that prey on them.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 10:32 AM   #68
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Zero.
There's still exclusives.
Old 10-27-2022, 02:13 PM   #69
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
There's still exclusives.
Unless there's a cool exclusive, I'm not even wasting time stepping foot into TRU anymore. Not with their high prices and final sale BS.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 02:44 PM   #70
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

So well said SunswipePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

I mean, I can preorder my stuff from our site sponsors for cheaper, be pretty much guaranteed that I'll get it, and it won't be tampered with. So what's the incentive for me to buy from TRU again?
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote