Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-26-2015, 12:59 PM   #31
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions
Re: Combiner Wars Break-Neck & Quickslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
We know that Hasbro and Takara have different standards for releasing figures. If something like the parts count is too high on either of these guys we won't be seeing them here. That's why we didn't get Prime Breakdown and the Jet Vehicon here.
Where is your basis for this statement? Breakdown has no more parts than Bulkhead or Prime.

A source is required when someone makes a statement that has no back up.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:08 PM   #32
BigWillay
Robot Master

Quote:
Regardless of the source, it's logical to assume that we won't see Groove and Blast-Off here.

Slingshot & Wildrider were simple retools/repaints of existing molds, whereas Groove & Blast-Off are totally unique molds.

We know that Hasbro and Takara have different standards for releasing figures. If something like the parts count is too high on either of these guys we won't be seeing them here. That's why we didn't get Prime Breakdown and the Jet Vehicon here.

If for any reason Hasbro would have to charge more money than they should for a figure of a particular size class, they won't release it. Why do you think we've never gotten the RID Train brothers since RID? They're too small for voyagers and too big for deluxes.
I understand that, with the mold, but Hasbro would do it and bring it here, if they know the collectors are looking for them. While I understand that quickslinger & breakneck were both quick retools/repaints. As Hasbro has shown with the cw molds, that they do stuff that can be used over and over again. Not to mention that they could bring blastoff and groove to Canada, and get people to pay a premium as an online only kind of thing or to an exclusive retailer such as TRU.
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #33
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Where is your basis for this statement? Breakdown has no more parts than Bulkhead or Prime.
Really? So you've taken all 3 completely apart and counted all their parts then?

Quote:
A source is required when someone makes a statement that has no back up.
Right here.

"The company knows that the mold is available, says Aaron Archer, the Vice President of Hasbro Design, but was "not made to the same standards."

He did not elaborate on this, but he claims that the figure is in "no man's land" cost-wise. This may it may be that converting the Arms Micron ports may be too costly for the company. "

This screams "parts count" to me combined with the cost of remolding it to get rid of the Arms Micron ports all over it.

Happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWillay View Post
I understand that, with the mold, but Hasbro would do it and bring it here, if they know the collectors are looking for them. While I understand that quickslinger & breakneck were both quick retools/repaints. As Hasbro has shown with the cw molds, that they do stuff that can be used over and over again. Not to mention that they could bring blastoff and groove to Canada, and get people to pay a premium as an online only kind of thing or to an exclusive retailer such as TRU.
If they did that, and that's a hugely COLOSSAL "if", it would more likely go to an etailer like BBTS. I don't see TRU wanting something that doesn't fit into the regular retail paradigm.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:03 PM   #34
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Really? So you've taken all 3 completely apart and counted all their parts then?

Right here.

"The company knows that the mold is available, says Aaron Archer, the Vice President of Hasbro Design, but was "not made to the same standards."

He did not elaborate on this, but he claims that the figure is in "no man's land" cost-wise. This may it may be that converting the Arms Micron ports may be too costly for the company. "

This screams "parts count" to me combined with the cost of remolding it to get rid of the Arms Micron ports all over it.

Happy?
No, because it doesn't scream parts count at all. It simply means there were factors they didn't feel would work for them. There's numerous reasons that could be and since he didn't elaborate we don't know what those are.

Part count is merely your opinion on the issue and nothing more. That's not saying it may not be one reason, but given I own the Breakdown mold several times as well as the Jet Vehicon, yeah, there's nothing overly different between them and the other figures in the line.

You could be right, but I wouldn't bet on it, there's probably several reasons for them not bringing them over.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote