Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Hasbro and Takara, Why do Haters hate?

MP's, which are something I don't collect, are a little more tricky. If you do miss them they seem to go up in value significantly in a short period of time.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #12
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

If Takara were continuing their trend to produce MP with officially licensed car mode from the car makers. It will be difficult to see a Hasbro release. I think I will be going Takara with MP. I was lucky to get my hand on MP OP and TC last year, but since then I've been losing faith in TRU. I ordered Takara MP-13, and preorder all the Datsun. Other than that, I am half and half on the Generations line depending on paint app, details, availability.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #13
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Maybe the haters are all on TFW, lol. I started the same thread over there and it nosedived I don't even think anyone read to the bottom of the first post. Very short answers there

On the MP front as I've stated in other threads I'm mostly after the oddball ones to experience the molds though my 9 year old son has persuaded me on maybe getting in on the 2nd run of Sideswipe as he said "it looks good in red you should get the red one too!" I said "really? Is this one for you?" He says ya then we can play together. Soundwave though has a special place in my heart so I do want one, with red eyes of course. Hasbro's MP Grimlock was my other exception on the MP front and I'm glad I got one of those. Now only if someone was working on a Snarl my 1st official TF.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #14
OLDMR
Beast Machine

What are the chances that the Datsuns will be pushed back again?
OLDMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #15
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I'm not into hunting any more, and now days, I too don't mind paying the "No-BS tax" if the price is right. I always weight the time, gas, etc into buying something.

I find that patience works more times than not, and sure keeps the blood from boiling. I don't panic about getting something, especially with online options available, you can almost always find what you want. During the MP-10 crazy, I didn't buy into lining up at the store during opening or hassling the employees. I just went about my business and just happened to walk into TRU and find a lone MP-10 sitting on the shelf. Same thing happened to me with Grimlock and Thundercracker.

I was fortunate enough to get a pre-order in for Soundwave, and if that falls through and I can't find one in-store, the Takara version is still an option. Besides, all these new MPs will get a re-release eventually.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
elburrito
Animated

Oddly enough, the "hunt" in terms of anticipation and hope and sometimes success is the most exciting part about collecting TF's in my opinion.

I like to make stop motion with mine and so don't focus on lines or manufacturers but instead, look for my "best" representation of the character that will work well for the "filming".

As far as the rampant accumulation goes though, I have to admit that while there are a few moments of exuberance upon a postal delivery or actually buying something in store. Generally, it is the first few moments walking into a store and not knowing whether I am going to find what I am looking for and the knowing that there is a little something out there in the mail that pleases me most.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
Hellboy
Alternator

My collecting habits are 100% reliant on price. I can't even justify a Hasbro MP at full price so Takara is out for me for certain. The paint apps are nice on the Takaras but not worth the double cost to me. Kudos to those who have the finances to support the nicer looking product. No hate... just envy.

I enjoy the hunt and don't consider gas as part of the cost. My stops are always on the way to and from work or on some other errand. I've been around a while and have been collecting for a few decades now. I've learned patience and acceptance that not everything is destined for my collection and missed out items generally make their way back to the shelves again... even "Exclusives".
Old 08-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #18
OLDMR
Beast Machine

I have to thank shelflife for my Takara collection. Their contests gave me the helping hand to go for the Takara MPs. Other wise I would be in the same boat as Hellboy or worse...
OLDMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The paint apps are nice on the Takaras but not worth the double cost to me.
This here is the same for me. Plus I can always repaint the figures so in my case, why bother paying a lot more for the same toy I can fix myself.
I still buy some Takara MP's (like SW and his minions) but that is mostly because I am impatient sometimes and never know IF I will find a Hasbro one. It's not a hate thing for either Hasbro or Takara, I am far more annoyed with the QC issues as of late, namely TF:Prime figures (Both Hasbro and Takara) with loose joints. My Darkness Megatron I very much regret getting namely because his legs and arms wobble. I can fix it but I shouldn't have to. TFP Unicron is the same, legs are a bit loose. It certainly has put me off paying double for a deluxe figure with better paint apps but at the same time I don't need them anyway because I have the Hasbro ones.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #20
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

I only hate Hasbro for their poor distribution system, which force me buy Takara version, just to sure I have one copy. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy with Hasbro ones.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote