Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-21-2018, 08:29 PM   #81
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: I said I wouldn’t and I did. Go "figure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landstander View Post
Another couple of awesome figures, now there is only three left to go, can’t wait for the big group shot at the end lol also looking forward to the 40 days of Lent calendar , you do that right? lol
Big group shot, what an interesting idea. I'll have to consider that as I already have something planned along those lines but definitely worth it as I am quite literally re-organizing as we speak. As for the 40 days I'm pretty sure I got stuff lined up all year you'd get sick of seeing them lol.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:21 AM   #82
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 22 – Prime Wars Trilogy Monsterbot Repugnus

OK so I panicked. As we have always been shortchanged by Hasbro somehow, someway with the last wave releases and with the exclusives so dingd0ng was kind enough to order this for me as I was literally on the road when he was released at Amazon.com. It’s not like any of us knew if he would show up on .ca and I imagined the same for P/CP at the time (but for whatever reason didn’t want him at the time). For me this guy he was so much more important only because he finishes the trio and does so quite nicely. Yes the Titan Master version is fine but if you have the other two in deluxe class then it just doesn’t feel the same.

Back to the figure, yes he does share the same mold, but he has been changed enough to make the transformation different. Now one thing I will say is that I changed heads halfway through the shoot and then swapped the face plates with the other small Repugnus Titan Master. I like the straight yellow of the head but the face from the legends version had more appeal to it so when checking the pics you should see that. For Monster mode I decided to use the sword halves as “wings” as they do tab in but not very securely. A bit of a bump and they will fall off but at least it can store in monster mode and looks better with them then without. Anyway glad to have the trio together and finished and the “Repugni” look good together as well.

Old 12-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #83
Landstander
Generation 2

How about a picture of everybody under the tree? I saw that he would be released, and new he was a must-have to go with the other monster bots. I also much prefer that style of box to the siege boxes.
Landstander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #84
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
How about a picture of everybody under the tree?
Logistically that wouldn't work but nice suggestion though.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:22 AM   #85
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 23 - Vanguard played by TF Con 2013 Exclusive Van Guardian

Same as Rowell. Good price made better as being part of a package deal. Again pretty simple transformation with the exception of the knees, that had a bit of “oh wow” type feel. The alternate face was a nice touch and that is how I will display him. Poseability is so-so and I couldn’t get enough of a feel for him to try anything really dynamic but hey it’s always worth giving it a shot.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:55 PM   #86
Landstander
Generation 2

Only one more left!
Old 12-23-2018, 10:22 PM   #87
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Only one more left!
Kinda. I would take it you've never seen my advent before lol. Yes you get one one more for sure but there is always a Christmas present
Old 12-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #88
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 24 –Wing played by MMC R-29AM Aero Alpha Asterisk Mode TFCON Chicago 2018 exclusive

Well what can I say? Oddly just by sheer coincidence the advent started with an MMC TFCon Chicago exclusive and ends with an MMC TFCon Chicago and exclusive, go figure. Well, this is the only figure I shot for this advent with my “new” fixed lens. I was hesitant to try it since I didn’t want to use it until I had practiced with it bit. Anyway I was really scared about this figure with regards to him not showing up in time. I ordered it from PSX at the end of October and with all the CP stuff going on and it getting lost (was supposed to be 5-11 days to my door but I didn’t actually get him until December 12). So he arrived and broken unfortunately. It’s not noticeable in any pics but for the headache of buying an exclusive and having it arrived damaged well needless to say I was not a happy camper. To be fair it was sealed and PSX is sending a replacement part so can't complain.

As for the figure I wanted it since I did pick up the TF Con Stray and thought they would make a solid pair. I watched a review for the transformation, articulation etc. and this guy doesn’t come with 2 heads like the original but the one he comes with seems to be new. I’m not a fan of the arms on this or Stray/Drift, but it’s a minor nitpick. Overall a solid piece from MMC and I really like the alt mode. One thing I would want is that the sword be uniform on both sides. That knob they put on it bugs me and I did my best to hide it. Colour scheme really works for me and nice touch that his “symbol” is portrayed on the scarf instead of the poncho to make him stand a bit further apart from the Stray mold. I mentioned the head sculpt being new (and I’m just assuming there) but I really like that as well. He has good articulation, nice balance and despite the trouble of getting him and the broken tab, I’m glad I did pick this up. Well done MMC, well done.

Last edited by wervenom; 12-24-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:13 PM   #89
Landstander
Generation 2

Yeah, this is my first Christmas as a member on this board. I’m just glad I was able to experience the tradition this year at least.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:24 PM   #90
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Yeah, this is my first Christmas as a member on this board. I’m just glad I was able to experience the tradition this year at least.
Well in that case if I never had the chance to welcome you before then allow me to do so now and thank you for taking part. Anyway best part of counting it down the the "present" I alway share on the 25th itself