Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-22-2018, 05:59 PM   #21
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Quick questions on Robotkingdom

I have only ordered once from them and the shipping was a bit higher, but wasn't unmanageable or anything. It was well packaged and arrived timely. It was a real easy, nice transaction.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #22
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Considering a number of items from RK, never ordered from them before

Price of the items looks not too bad, though everyone in this ancient thread suggests RK shipping is bananas

There was a recent RK newsletter that suggests they are having a reduced shipping cost now, can anyone speak to this?

Newsletter:
https://www.seibertron.com/transform...er-1480/43291/
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:44 PM   #23
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Prices for Transformers are pretty good, but shipping is usually pretty expensive (but they deliver quickly). They're more for convenience if you can't find what you're looking for anywhere else.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:27 AM   #24
Pascal
Banned

I stopped buying there a long time ago, their shipping fees are just crazy. I can get the stuff I want elsewhere for less and just as fast.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:37 AM   #25
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Heya, I'm "necroing" this thread because I wanted to know if they have actually lowered their shipping costs as it was something mentioned in an earlier post?

Also, I have a couple other questions.

1. Do they ship with the pins that you don't get if you buy from somewhere like A3U?

2. What is the duty on these things, if I get hit? Does anyone know the percentage?

3. If you do ask them to declare a lower value, what normally gets through without getting nicked? I know this is sort of a guess and I'm sure everyone's experience is different, but I thought I'd ask.

Edit: I noticed for pre-orders they show the full price. Do they charge the full price right away for a pre-order?

Thanks!

DM

Last edited by Darkmatter; 10-10-2020 at 10:47 AM. Reason: I forget things, or think of new things. My brain doesn't know how to shut up OK!? lol
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:50 AM   #26
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Heya, I'm "necroing" this thread because I wanted to know if they have actually lowered their shipping costs as it was something mentioned in an earlier post?

Also, I have a couple other questions.

1. Do they ship with the pins that you don't get if you buy from somewhere like A3U?

2. What is the duty on these things, if I get hit? Does anyone know the percentage?

3. If you do ask them to declare a lower value, what normally gets through without getting nicked? I know this is sort of a guess and I'm sure everyone's experience is different, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

DM

shipping cost - go to check out to get your total with ship, there's no way to answer this since they set prices themselves.

pins - you should ask them, nobody here can say what a retailer in hong kong will ship with your order

duty - heres the CBSA duty calculator.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...t-cal-eng.html

theres no magical number or way of knowing if you will pay duties. Ive personally never paid duty on stuff that uses regular shipping (Canada post) while fedex and puro will likely charge.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:12 AM   #27
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Thanks. It was just that some people speculated, and I would expect that, when you consider the distance, it's probably true, that it's probably a flat rate to anywhere in Canada.

Of course, I can't say that for sure.

DM
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:20 AM   #28
predahank
Storing is hoarding

they will declare whatever you like. just attach it in the comments. under $50 usd usually doesn’t get taxed but ymmv. preorders are full price and being in hong kong they get distribution from hasbro asia which gets the pins etc

your welcome
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:30 AM   #29
TRUCKvsGUN

I had a weird message from them, I ordered something and paid for Regular Air Small Parcel, and now they want more money for EMS.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:28 PM   #30
DuG
Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
I had a weird message from them, I ordered something and paid for Regular Air Small Parcel, and now they want more money for EMS.
This issue has been addressed as on of the first things in their weekly email notifications.

They are at the mercy of the Hong Kong post which during these times is not shipping out to certain countries so they have been switching to EMS and asking for the difference in the shipping price to make sure that you can get the item.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote