Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Buy/Sell/Trade Feedback

Old 12-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Perceptor
Alternator
Experience with RobotKingdom?

Those who have dealt with them... care to share the experience? Shipping time? Brokerage fee or custom fees (always?).... are they shipping from Asia? Toys arrive in good shape? Issues with missing pieces/returns etc? Many thanks.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
MaxArel
RUN IT'S DREADWING
Send a message via MSN to MaxArel
Re: Experience with RobotKingdom?

I've ordered a couple things from there before and I've had a good experience. The shipping time can go from being relatively good to being amazingly quick (I ordered TFCC Hercules from them and got it the next day - and I picked regular shipping!) The shipping fees are okay, they compensate with lower prices and they do ship from asia.
When I ordered Hercules, the one thing that went wrong was that I got a Dr. Crank in Structor's box; I ended up with two Dr. Crank! I asked them for compensation and they told me to keep the extra Dr. Crank and just pay the 10$ extra shipping fee to send me the correct guy (out of packaging). It's the one problem I ever got from them.
Cheers!

MaxArel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

ordered a couple of times.

Good experience, shipping is fast, lower cost than most sellers. One time I received a transformer that was missing a part (Hegemon, missing trigger) and i wrote them and they sent me the missing pieceback ASAP. Great service.

My only problem is every package I receive from them I have to pay customs... which sucks... but I guess their lower toy prices makes up for it.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Nameless
Generation 1

Bought Grind Rod and Photron from them a month ago, and it was my first order. Shipping took a week using the cheapest shipping option (BBTS usually takes two), and I didn't have to pay customs.

They seem to ship from Honk Kong, and my items came in pristine condition.

I always heard people didn't get charged customs when ordering from them. I think Slave is the first I've seen to say otherwise. Now I'm worried about the stuff I just pre-ordered...

Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Bought Grind Rod and Photron from them a month ago, and it was my first order. Shipping took a week using the cheapest shipping option (BBTS usually takes two), and I didn't have to pay customs.

They seem to ship from Honk Kong, and my items came in pristine condition.

I always heard people didn't get charged customs when ordering from them. I think Slave is the first I've seen to say otherwise. Now I'm worried about the stuff I just pre-ordered...
It's because he touches himself at night.

I might just be the poster boy for RK. I've been singing their praises or YEARS and have built a first name relationship with the staff since my first order back in... 09/10? ish.

I keep a Canada Post Mobile app on my phones front page because I use them so much. ha ha ha. Average one week, between 1-2. Every time.

They are better, faster, cheaper, stronger then others like BBTS (even the BBTS exclusives are cheaper on RK!)

Look, if you're lookin' to order something I like to go splitsies with other board members to make the savings that much more amazeballs. Why don't you shoot me a PM and we can talk.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
King Benny
Generation 1

I've dealt with RK and have nothing but great things to say about them. I rather order through them than any US based dealer because the shipping is so much quicker. Between 1 and two weeks and easy to track through Canada Post. Never been charged customs (so far).
King Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
SolidusPrime
Generation 2

Out of curiousity, which shipping method do you guys choose? Registered Air Parcel, or EMS? I wonder if there's a difference, and if that comes in to play with getting charged customs?
Old 05-28-2016, 12:19 PM   #8
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Gonna zombify this old thread.... I've been ordering from RK occasionally for the last 2 years. I've had orders over $200 with them before in the past and every order I've had with them has been shipped by either Registered Air Mail or Registered Air Mail Small Packet. Never once been hit with customs charges until just last night for a little over $20 on declared value of $201. It was also the first time that Customs had opened the shipping box to harass the contents.

My question is, was it a fluke random screening that I got hit with customs charges/duty fees this time around because they specifically screened this order, or has something changed where Customs is cracking down on shipments from Hong Kong/China? What was different this time that I got hit with fees?

EDIT: Having a closer look at the CBSA import form, they didn't ding me duty, but they did ding me for GST and handling. Was this just because it got harassed?

EDIT for Mods: Thread should be moved to General Discussion section, IMO?

Last edited by Chigimus; 05-29-2016 at 06:24 AM.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote