Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-04-2022, 09:20 PM   #31
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformers Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagephil View Post
Its insanity hopefully the prices go down
Why would prices ever go down?
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:39 PM   #32
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Yep. Escalating prices has been a key factor in my scaling back and being more choosey with what I buy.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:32 AM   #33
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
whoa , just saw the SS Core class figures are now 15.97 at walmart.ca.

Pay more, get less, I guess I will be waiting for sale prices a lot this year
We are paying more, yes, but I don't get the "get less" part. That Shockwave, for instance, isnt smaller or less articulated than the previous release in this scale (same height, same or better articulation, more detailing, same or more parts)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1644038933712.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	51175  

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 02-05-2022 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-05-2022, 09:40 AM   #34
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
We are paying more, yes, but I don't get the "get less" part. That Shockwave, for instance, isnt smaller or less articulated than the previous release in this scale (same height)
found one example means nothing. Just look at the how the leader class become voyager or even smaller.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 11:39 AM   #35
delrue
Crossover

If the size of the figures is your only qualifier of quality then go to sirtoys and buy the oversized KOs.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 12:23 PM   #36
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
If the size of the figures is your only qualifier of quality then go to sirtoys and buy the oversized KOs.
Not just size, but the hollowness on many of these figures is pretty apparent. Sure engineering has gotten better, but having the inside of arms, legs and thighs completely hollowed out means that they are using less plastic for the designs. So for Transformers, they are using less materials and charging you more.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 01:22 PM   #37
imfallenangel
Cybertron

One thing is certain for me in all this, and that's they know that the main audience for these products are the fans. Heck, last time I talked to a service desk person (raincheck) at TrU about TFs, the instant comment was "oh, you must be another collector..."

So they most surely must consider that most collectors aren't cash strapped like children and their parents are.

It's an argument that I get a lot from people, and regardless that almost every time I am at the TFs isle in either TrR or Walmart, the only people I see checking them out tends to be another collector, something like 9/10 times... and that 1/10 that's a kid or parent, they look, they see the price, and they move on. In the last several years, I cannot remember seeing a kid/parent actually taking a transformer from the shelf even once, including during the holiday season.

And on top of this, so many will rant about "great prices", "should be more", "would pay more", etc... and defend the gaps, the cheap plastic and other ways that Hasbro cuts corners as if they have an investment in the company.

So, it's nice that some believe that plastic figures that could be melted down to pennies' worth of plastic should cost so freaking much, I just don't. I do love my TOYS probably to a higher level that some would understand, but I also can separate from what the value should be on these. I have spent a lot (probably way too much) on some (like most have) because of my interest and passion, but there is a fine balance between what being a fan/collector is, and the actual inflated value that these pieces of plastic are truly worth.

My #1 grievance is seeing the number of people that might really enjoy these toys but are quitting/bailing out, some just selling their collections altogether to prevent the urge that might push on them. These are toys, and these should be for fun, not a financial stress for people.

Note that I'm not quitting (I never will most probably) but I am cutting down a LOT and will really go for the figures that I really consider "must-have" and will hunt for the better prices, including the willingness to miss out and hope to get it used for less later on (with the hope that it's not going to go to the insane scalpers pricing that so many have now), and definitely been looking at the 3rd parties stuff that are much better quality for the same level of pricing.

Cue the insults and justifications?

Last edited by imfallenangel; 02-05-2022 at 01:33 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:36 PM   #38
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
One thing is certain for me in all this, and that's they know that the main audience for these products are the fans. Heck, last time I talked to a service desk person (raincheck) at TrU about TFs, the instant comment was "oh, you must be another collector..."

So they most surely must consider that most collectors aren't cash strapped like children and their parents are.

It's an argument that I get a lot from people, and regardless that almost every time I am at the TFs isle in either TrR or Walmart, the only people I see checking them out tends to be another collector, something like 9/10 times... and that 1/10 that's a kid or parent, they look, they see the price, and they move on. In the last several years, I cannot remember seeing a kid/parent actually taking a transformer from the shelf even once, including during the holiday season.

And on top of this, so many will rant about "great prices", "should be more", "would pay more", etc... and defend the gaps, the cheap plastic and other ways that Hasbro cuts corners as if they have an investment in the company.

So, it's nice that some believe that plastic figures that could be melted down to pennies' worth of plastic should cost so freaking much, I just don't. I do love my TOYS probably to a higher level that some would understand, but I also can separate from what the value should be on these. I have spent a lot (probably way too much) on some (like most have) because of my interest and passion, but there is a fine balance between what being a fan/collector is, and the actual inflated value that these pieces of plastic are truly worth.

My #1 grievance is seeing the number of people that might really enjoy these toys but are quitting/bailing out, some just selling their collections altogether to prevent the urge that might push on them. These are toys, and these should be for fun, not a financial stress for people.

Note that I'm not quitting (I never will most probably) but I am cutting down a LOT and will really go for the figures that I really consider "must-have" and will hunt for the better prices, including the willingness to miss out and hope to get it used for less later on (with the hope that it's not going to go to the insane scalpers pricing that so many have now), and definitely been looking at the 3rd parties stuff that are much better quality for the same level of pricing.

Cue the insults and justifications?

totally agree.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 08:52 PM   #39
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
found one example means nothing. Just look at the how the leader class become voyager or even smaller.
We were talking about the core class prices, so that's what I responded to. We are paying more but not getting less than before. Especially when half of core class figures being released in 2022 are based on molds from the 2021 line.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 02-05-2022 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2022, 09:02 PM   #40
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post

Note that I'm not quitting (I never will most probably) but I am cutting down a LOT and will really go for the figures that I really consider "must-have" and will hunt for the better prices, including the willingness to miss out and hope to get it used for less later on
I will do the same. We'll see if others who don't like the price will also cut back and if that means fuller shelves in stores.

I disagree regarding the presumption that kids and parents don't buy TFs. Both the Bumblebee line and the Cyberverse line were not aimed at fans and they still sold. Wasn't collectors buying Cyberverse Warriors and one steps. And we've seen price hikes for those as well, especially the one steps.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 02-05-2022 at 09:22 PM.