Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #741
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
How does one go about joining now?
And if you just wanted to sign up, send us your name, email and board name to everyone@shelflifex.com

James
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #742
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Hey everyone,

Just a heads up on cool news re: ShelfLife and the upcoming April 1st He-Con toy show here in Toronto:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...739#post401739

Take a look and let us know if you have something awesome to contribute to the museum!

James

Last edited by faustx; 01-16-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #743
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Gents, when I took on curating ROTF (which is coming along), did I get assigned just ROTF Hasbro or is it ROTF Hasbro AND ROTF Takara? I've only been entering Hasbro items so far. I notice most lines that had Hasbro and Takara releases are separate collections in ShelfLife, no?

If they are separate and I was assigned both, I'll do both. However if I was only assigned Hasbro, I'm fine with just that too. Just wanted to check.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #744
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Gents, when I took on curating ROTF (which is coming along), did I get assigned just ROTF Hasbro or is it ROTF Hasbro AND ROTF Takara? I've only been entering Hasbro items so far. I notice most lines that had Hasbro and Takara releases are separate collections in ShelfLife, no?

If they are separate and I was assigned both, I'll do both. However if I was only assigned Hasbro, I'm fine with just that too. Just wanted to check.
Pretty sure it was just Hasbro, we don't tend to mix them. However, once you're done if you want to take on the Takara versions, it's all yours.

James
Old 01-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #745
nickh
Beasty

You can add notes to your Haves and Wants now! Check it out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	have_overlay.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	13000  

Last edited by nickh; 01-16-2012 at 03:10 PM.
nickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #746
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
Pretty sure it was just Hasbro, we don't tend to mix them. However, once you're done if you want to take on the Takara versions, it's all yours.

James
Thanks James - I'll focus on getting Hasbro ROTF done and submitted, then if ROTF Takara still needs a home I'll weigh it.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #747
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
You can add notes to your Haves and Wants now! Check it out!
Awesome! Good work guys. Looks like the site is really coming along.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #748
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Hmm.... just a thought, a check box could be added to the details of an item someone wants, and it could be labelled "actively seeking".

If unchecked on an item, the member won't get messages about it until they go back in and turn on the check mark.

I'd find this really useful. I have so many wants, but to get and pay for everything all at once would be insane. Better to do it in small controlled batches.

edit: This would also mean that if I wanted to focus on a number of smaller items, or on a big ticket item, I wouldn't be "distracted" by all the other shiny objects and miss my target. Nothing worse than running out of cash and then seeing that "X" is suddenly available.

Last edited by Shepp; 01-16-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #749
Requateer
Armada

Does the "I got this toy at..." section when listing/editing a Have used to keep records, or have an impact when Buying/Selling a Have? Or is it just entirely for the user in keeping track of their purchases?

Either way, do you think it's possible to make a default input entry in that section for people who won't be able to (or are too lazy to) fill that information in? I have a bunch of toys in my collection that I got when I was a kid, as well as toys that were presents for me. They'd be extremely hard to track down info for.

As it stands, you won't believe the amount of toys that I've gotten at Walmart for free.

Last edited by Requateer; 01-17-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Requateer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #750
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Hmm.... just a thought, a check box could be added to the details of an item someone wants, and it could be labelled "actively seeking".

If unchecked on an item, the member won't get messages about it until they go back in and turn on the check mark.

I'd find this really useful. I have so many wants, but to get and pay for everything all at once would be insane. Better to do it in small controlled batches.

edit: This would also mean that if I wanted to focus on a number of smaller items, or on a big ticket item, I wouldn't be "distracted" by all the other shiny objects and miss my target. Nothing worse than running out of cash and then seeing that "X" is suddenly available.
Being able to toggle Haves & Wants on/off is a great idea....added to the pile!

J

Tags
collecting, shelflife