Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2019, 05:10 PM   #1
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Fed up with ebay :(

Well I think I'm just about ready to delete my account on ebay. There's just too many scammers on there anymore for my liking. I've been waiting for an order to come & I don't think it's going to come at all. He sent it out late which wasn't very comforting. However he did have 100% positive feedback before I made my purchase but I've heard that can be faked. Anyway if it doesn't come in by next week I think I'll go elsewhere for some of my collecting needs.

I'm just thankful it wasn't an expensive purchase.
Still very frustrating.

Anyone else in the same boat ?

Last edited by Xtreme987; 07-31-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:40 PM   #2
Hexxinq
Generation 2
Re: Fed up with ebay :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Well I think I'm just about ready to delete my account on ebay. There's just too many scammers on there anymore for my liking. I've been waiting for an order to come & I don't think it's going to come at all. He sent it out late which wasn't very comforting. However he did have 100% positive feedback before I made my purchase but I've heard that can be faked. Anyway if it doesn't come in by next week I think I'll go elsewhere for some of my collecting needs.

Still very frustrating.

Just received the SDCC2019 Ghostbusters OP from an American eBay seller and it came well packaged and on time. It all just finding the right seller I suppose.
Hexxinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:24 PM   #3
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post

Still very frustrating.

When did you pay? When did he ship? Which method?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #4
Xtreme987
Metroplex

I paid on July 07 through "Buy it now " method & he shipped on the 17th. The estimated delivery date was from the 11th to the 17th. The item was 1 hockey card which I've done several times recently through other sellers & it usually doesn't take this long to come in. He also lives in the same province as me. I sent him another message today so I'll see what he has to say.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 08-01-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #5
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Package finally came in the mail today. Still not that impressed how it all went but at least I got my item.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 08-06-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:18 AM   #6
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Good to hear that you actually got your stuff!
I've long stopped using eBay for "proper" stuff; for the better part of the last decade, I've been using eBay mainly for cheap small electronics parts (connectors, battery holders, special LED units, etc) from China. Sure, it takes upwards of a month to get here, but I'm usually paying like $2 shipped for around 10-30 units (versus $2 each unit when bought locally at a store). I figure the wait time is an alright trade-off...

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #7
Protoman
The Legend

Buying I never had problems, but selling........ HOOO BOY.

If you sell an item for $20, after Ebay fees and Paypal fees you lose almost 25% and since Americans had our expensive shipping, you play it safe and charge a lower shipping otherwise they won't bid at all, and if that shipping was so low that it cost; that $20 item made you maybe $12-$15 ASSUMING it had no base cost to begin with.

Wayyy to expensive to be a seller there and make money, but as a buyer I have had little to no problems over a span of almost 20 years. Just avoid some specific countries or shady feedback buyers
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:26 PM   #8
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I'm also very glad to hear you got your stuff!

I had my own bad experience about 9 years ago I bought from a seller who had great feedback, bid on multiple items to save shipping, won maybe 5 items.

None of them ever showed up, seller dropped off the face of the earth and got a whole bunch of negative feedback at once from multiple purchasers.

Unfortunately at that time ebay/paypal only covered you for losses over $50, and only one of my items was over $50, so that was the only one they compensated me for. The rest I had to eat as a loss. Pretty pissed off about it to be honest.

I've bought maybe a dozen times since then without incident (well, mostly, I've had two people ship me the wrong item...). But I'm just not big on ebay anymore, particularly with so many Americans selling with that expensive shipping option that is customs/duties included. It's ridiculous.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:08 PM   #9
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I'm also very glad to hear you got your stuff!

I had my own bad experience about 9 years ago I bought from a seller who had great feedback, bid on multiple items to save shipping, won maybe 5 items.

None of them ever showed up, seller dropped off the face of the earth and got a whole bunch of negative feedback at once from multiple purchasers.

Unfortunately at that time ebay/paypal only covered you for losses over $50, and only one of my items was over $50, so that was the only one they compensated me for. The rest I had to eat as a loss. Pretty pissed off about it to be honest.

I've bought maybe a dozen times since then without incident (well, mostly, I've had two people ship me the wrong item...). But I'm just not big on ebay anymore, particularly with so many Americans selling with that expensive shipping option that is customs/duties included. It's ridiculous.
Ya that sux to hear. It don't matter if you buy in person or online. If you buy in person you have to travel to get it so that means time/gas to go get it. At least you have a better idea who your dealing with before you make your purchase. On the other hand if you buy online you save your time/gas but pay for shipping, have to wait for it ship & you have no idea if their being 100 % honest with you. Either way you could be buying from someone shady so my advice ... Do your homework & know the warning signs. Unfortunately there's trolls everywhere so be careful. Neway good luck on future purchases wherever you buy.