Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #4891
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Like this? http://www.theshoespoint.com/kangaroos-shoes.html Those are pretty cool. When you're a kid, hidden compartments are so cool. Even if they aren't completely hidden.

I remember I had a pretty sweet pair of purple high-tops. Don't know what brand they were, probably some no-name shoe from Kmart, but they looked cool. I also had some off-brand Vans knockoffs I had to get because they were non-marking. They were red with leather laces and white soles and I hated them. Just bought a similar pair of my own free will a few months ago.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #4892
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Yep, those fuckers were terrible. What's worse is how I eventually succumbed to peer pressure and devolved into just another Asian gangbanger wannabe in Air Jordan 3's by grade 10. Nowadays I keep it simple and rock Dorky Rockports 9 to 5, then Chuck Taylors, Blundstones and double soled Dayton Black Beauties in the evening and weekends.
Yeah, kids are such dicks for no reason. I turned into one of those fake goth/emo kids because I didn't fit in anywhere else. I didn't get into the makeup or spiky shit so that's why I say 'fake goth/emo'. I just spiked my hair and wore a lot of black, and felt sorry for myself a lot. And pretended to like Smashing Pumpkins. XD Too bad, probably could've been hanging out with girls instead.

Gotta love the Chuck Taylors. I'm all about the classics these days. So my new fixation with New Balance fits right in... Nice boots too, those Daytons. I also appreciate quality even if I often can't afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Probably teased him because they weren't LA Gear

HAH, nice.

Actually, despite my current disdain for Reeboks, those ones with the pumps were pretty damn sweet.

Last edited by kirbenvost; 11-27-2013 at 05:29 PM.
kirbenvost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #4893
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
And pretended to like Smashing Pumpkins.
Too funny. I did that for 10 years! When I heard their track "Drown" off the sountrack to Singles I really wanted to hear more. Siamese Dream dropped a year later which did not disappoint, then the double disc Melon Collie And The Infinite Sadness came in '95 and it became the soundtrack to my despondent SFU years. By the time Adore and the Machina albums came I'd had enough of Billy Corgan and Co. and it was time to cue the electronica and Pink Floyd!

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 11-27-2013 at 05:49 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #4894
g loonie
Generation 2

sneaker freaks are an interesting bunch. I used to work the stock room at the footlocker outlet in ontario so i got to know a bunch of collectors. They would seek me out b/c I knew what was coming in and in what sizes. I was saving up for uni so i never indulged in the hobby at the time but it's become habit for me to immediately check out people's shoes when i meet them, haha.

also, shoe collecting can be scary business. you often hear stories of people lining up for limited releases only to be mugged/shot outside the store once they got them. It's terrible, i'm glad our community isn't so violent.
g loonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #4895
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

You three guys have been hogging the last 4 pages of this thread with your clothes and shoe speak, so with the mention of Kangaroos I can finally join in.

I remember picking those up in the early-mid eighties, white and purple with a zipper on the side. They were the first runners I ever bought, quite expensive back then I remember my dad thinking I wasted my money on them.( they used to by me $10-$15 runners).

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #4896
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

^lol, sorry, we have been hogging the thread a bit. But I guess we can all share memories of our awkward yet sometimes-awesome childhoods. Seems shoes are a common thread. Oddly I never heard of Kangaroos until now. Must be a bit before my time, I didn't pay much attention to shoes until it was the 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Too funny. I did that for 10 years! When I heard their track "Drown" off the sountrack to Singles I really wanted to hear more. Siamese Dream dropped a year later which did not disappoint, then the double disc Melon Collie And The Infinite Sadness came in '95 and it became the sountrack to my despondent SFU years. By the time Adore and the Machina albums came I'd had enough of Billy Corgan and Co. and it was time to cue the electronica and Pink Floyd!
LOL. Yeah, kinda similar... Maybe a little funnier, because I was talking to some kids who I wanted to hang out with and they asked me what bands I like. Smashing Pumpkins was the first 'cool' band I could think of who had a song I actually knew. In reality I was listening to Love Inc and Alice Deejay. Hah, I should've fell in with the raver scene but there wasn't much of one in small-town Interior BC. Probably would've ended badly anyway.

Nowadays I listen to everything, as long as it's good. Bluegrass to Katy Perry, and everything in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g loonie View Post
sneaker freaks are an interesting bunch. I used to work the stock room at the footlocker outlet in ontario so i got to know a bunch of collectors. They would seek me out b/c I knew what was coming in and in what sizes. I was saving up for uni so i never indulged in the hobby at the time but it's become habit for me to immediately check out people's shoes when i meet them, haha.

also, shoe collecting can be scary business. you often hear stories of people lining up for limited releases only to be mugged/shot outside the store once they got them. It's terrible, i'm glad our community isn't so violent.
Oh yeah, I've heard some stories. I would never want to line up for shoes. The pain we have to go through to get our hands on the latest exclusive Takara figure is 10 times worse for shoe collectors.

Funny how you notice things like that though once you get into it. I recently went though a watch phase and now I'm always staring at everyone's wrists. Still need to get myself a Seiko 5.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #4897
Markymark09
Beast Machine

kangaroo shoes where before your times. the older crowd would have remember
me and couple of guys were talking- we all grew up in the 80's, those where the best times, the 80's were definitely a great decade, 90's was good also but what happen in the 2000's? I like to bring back the word "humping" that was a awesome word when i was a kids, you see your friend with a guy holding/touching hands in elementary school and then you would say something like "they are humping with no clue what it meant..hahaha good times

Last edited by Markymark09; 11-27-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Markymark09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #4898
carissa
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
Platinum YOTH Optimus...err...I'm not sure I'm crazy about the colours. Gold chrome and a transparent trailer?

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...s-prime/28853/
As one of those who doesn't have any MP Optimus Prime (1, 4, or 10), I am seriously considering between the YOTH (also coincidentally I am born in YOTH) or the KO MP-10.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #4899
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Guys. Don't even try to get into wine collection! But I guess it's more ceremonial than for consumption. I have a bottle of 2002 Bollinger La Grand Annee, which is an extremely fine champagne but I don't plan to open it all (ok maybe when or if I get married or bought a home. MAYBE). And my sealed bottle of 18 year old Dalmore. I only had a sample of it.

And watches! I love them, but it's rather impractical for me to wear a fine watch. I check out the watches my VP wears and he has a nice collection of Breitling.

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 11-27-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #4900
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa View Post
As one of those who doesn't have any MP Optimus Prime (1, 4, or 10), I am seriously considering between the YOTH (also coincidentally I am born in YOTH) or the KO MP-10.

There's a KO MP-10????

I'd say go for the YOTH because of its personal significance. The MP10 mold is fantastic, regardless of blinged out grills or see through trailers.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote