Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 08-29-2019, 08:57 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Transformers Siege Reconnaissance Refraktor 3 Pack Released at Retail

Mmmm.

"We will Price Match ourselves if we lower the price for the item you bought within 30 days of the purchase date with the original receipt. The item sold at Toys"R"Us Canada must be identical to that sold at the other Canadian retailer. Price Match applies to items offered at regular price or on sale."

Ok, they lowered that. Still, fairly likely if you grab a tf at full price when you see it there will be a sale within 30 days.

"Returns or Exchanges will be given within 30 days of the purchase date with the original receipt, except as stated below.

RClub Members are eligible for an extended Policy and may Return or Exchange within 90 days of the purchase date with the original receipt and membership card, except as stated below."

Anyway, grab an r club membership and get a 90 day return window.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:13 PM   #12
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Mmmm.

"We will Price Match ourselves if we lower the price for the item you bought within 30 days of the purchase date with the original receipt. The item sold at Toys"R"Us Canada must be identical to that sold at the other Canadian retailer. Price Match applies to items offered at regular price or on sale."

Ok, they lowered that. Still, fairly likely if you grab a tf at full price when you see it there will be a sale within 30 days.

"Returns or Exchanges will be given within 30 days of the purchase date with the original receipt, except as stated below.

RClub Members are eligible for an extended Policy and may Return or Exchange within 90 days of the purchase date with the original receipt and membership card, except as stated below."

Anyway, grab an r club membership and get a 90 day return window.
I feel like there may be hoops to jump through with this. Even as an R Club member when I price matched a Marvel Legends figure on sale last week that was at the 29 day point the cashier was really insistent and vocal on how lucky I was that it was within the new 30 days. Though technically you could always point out that within 90 days you can straight up return it and rebuy it, but it might be idiotic corporate computer work to dance around. Guess we’ll see soon. My Jetfire is about to hit 30 days, and if they go on sale I’ma dance with customer service if I have to.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:24 PM   #13
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I feel like there may be hoops to jump through with this. Even as an R Club member when I price matched a Marvel Legends figure on sale last week that was at the 29 day point the cashier was really insistent and vocal on how lucky I was that it was within the new 30 days. Though technically you could always point out that within 90 days you can straight up return it and rebuy it, but it might be idiotic corporate computer work to dance around. Guess we’ll see soon. My Jetfire is about to hit 30 days, and if they go on sale I’ma dance with customer service if I have to.
Just buy it again at the discount price and return it with your original receipt. You can do that all during the same trip too. We now have 90 days to do that when you scan the rcard. I was just using the short hand when I wrote my initial statement, I felt people would understand.
No hoops to jump through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkv View Post
TRU return policy is 30 days now...
It's 90 days now, if you have the rcard, which I do.
Next week I will buy Jetfire online and thus will have a 90 day window to return it, which encompasses Black Friday.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 08-29-2019 at 09:28 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:12 PM   #14
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Just buy it again at the discount price and return it with your original receipt. You can do that all during the same trip too. We now have 90 days to do that when you scan the rcard. I was just using the short hand when I wrote my initial statement, I felt people would understand.
No hoops to jump through.

It's 90 days now, if you have the rcard, which I do.
Next week I will buy Jetfire online and thus will have a 90 day window to return it, which encompasses Black Friday.
Yep. If they really give you hell (which, to be fair, has rarely happened to me at TRU) just ask to return it and immediately rebuy it lol.

I'm going to actually call or ask a store manager to clarify the LPG. The return policy is clearly 30 days normal, 90 days if R Club member. The site doesn't say anything about the LPG.

But again, return at day 89 and rebuy it lol.

I would just buy Jetfire from the site but I haaaaaate sitting on the phone to get a price adjustment and then wait for it to come back to my visa/debit or paypal.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:07 PM   #15
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
I would just buy Jetfire from the site but I haaaaaate sitting on the phone to get a price adjustment and then wait for it to come back to my visa/debit or paypal.
You can get the price ajustment in store even with online orders, just print out your online receipt. I never did it on the phone. Or, like we said just to make it easy for them, we just buy one discounted whenever that happens and return it with the online receipt.

And they have never given me hell either, they just seem not sure of what to do and it may take time and they may need to call a manager and whatnot. So the buy again / return method is what I do usually. I only do the money back guarantee if the item (or one of similar SKU) is not on shelves.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:08 PM   #16
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
You can get the price ajustment in store even with online orders, just print out your online receipt. I never did it on the phone. Or, like we said just to make it easy for them, we just buy one discounted whenever that happens and return it with the online receipt.
Yah. I've just run into situations where when the sale is on, you can't find the toy you want. And with the way distro is lately...

Eh. By late November Jetfire will be easy to find if you want him. When's Omega supposed to hit?

Old 08-29-2019, 11:30 PM   #17
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Oh man. You just know somebody's going to buy the box set and 3 of the regular toys, then replace the normal deluxe boxes with the multicolor guys. so they can get the threepack accessories but the cartoon colors. lol
Good call brother
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:32 AM   #18
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I was returning some items in-store a few days ago and chatted with the CSR. Their terminals now inform them if you used your loyalty card and thus they will know if you have your 90 day window.

She was also nice enough to LPG a Marvel Legends item on my receipt just because she knew it was on-sale.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:57 AM   #19
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Yah. I've just run into situations where when the sale is on, you can't find the toy you want. And with the way distro is lately...

Eh. By late November Jetfire will be easy to find if you want him. When's Omega supposed to hit?
I just received a back order email on omega from tru
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:07 AM   #20
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Ah crap, well this kinda sucks after pre-ordering this from Hasbropulse. What else are they going to bring over? The Dino cassettes too? Goddammit.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote