Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #11
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: The last knight toys now available on toysrus.ca

I have heard of the massive price increases, and I look upon the shelves that are starting to get these repainted toys instead of the Sixshot that I want, and I will whisper, No.

The only movie bots that I would consider at a huge discount, would be the combiner remold of Abominus (maybe) and whatever the planet bot turns out to be (Unicron?).

Here's hoping the fifth movie is a complete masterpiece of storytelling and character development, and the plot makes sense to all who view it.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:14 PM   #12
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
I have heard of the massive price increases, and I look upon the shelves that are starting to get these repainted toys instead of the Sixshot that I want, and I will whisper, No.

The only movie bots that I would consider at a huge discount, would be the combiner remold of Abominus (maybe) and whatever the planet bot turns out to be (Unicron?).

Here's hoping the fifth movie is a complete masterpiece of storytelling and character development, and the plot makes sense to all who view it.
I bet the original Unicron and Primus will still be better. I think "cybertron" will be a plays etc though. As for your story hopes, that's cute, the world does need dreamers lol.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:19 PM   #13
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post

That remold of abominus is an exclusive, so we have to wait to see if we will even get it in canada before we can start hoping for a discount.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #14
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I saw them on the weekend and i'm just not interested any longer.

Its been a good run Hasbro (collecting TFS since BW) but i'm afraid you ruined it.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:22 PM   #15
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I'm a big movie toy fan and for the first time ever I'm not buying.

A 50% price hike for Deluxes and a 33% hike for Voyagers is way beyond acceptable to me.

I will buy the non-repaints for $20/$30 at most. That means at least a 25% off sale to buy Voyagers and at least a 35% off sale to buy deluxes.

Only exception will be Leader Megatron for a) being the smallest % price hike and b) for just being so damn good looking.
The fact that they are charging that much more for repaints from four years ago is fucking atrocious.

Fact is if this price jump happens for power of the primes I think my collecting will dwindle to a select few figures, and at that only on sale. It's already almost cost prohibitive.

HOPEFULLY this shit doesn't move at these stupid costs and a. TRU does huge sales to get rid of it and b. Hasbro realizes they can't gouge that much. I don't believe for a second production increases + exchange justify this kind of jump. It can only be Hasbro hoping to take advantage of the different market for movie toys.

That said with such a price jump Hasbro might be able to sell less and not give a fuck since they make so much more per unit.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #16
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
The fact that they are charging that much more for repaints from four years ago is fucking atrocious.

Fact is if this price jump happens for power of the primes I think my collecting will dwindle to a select few figures, and at that only on sale. It's already almost cost prohibitive.

HOPEFULLY this shit doesn't move at these stupid costs and a. TRU does huge sales to get rid of it and b. Hasbro realizes they can't gouge that much. I don't believe for a second production increases + exchange justify this kind of jump. It can only be Hasbro hoping to take advantage of the different market for movie toys.

That said with such a price jump Hasbro might be able to sell less and not give a fuck since they make so much more per unit.
I blame Star Wars collectors (sorta). This is Hasbro extending the pricey "Black Series" approach to TFs. "Hey those Star Wars guys went for it, let's try it with the new Transformers movie".

I think Takara had similar pricing revelations from 3P sales.

I'm holding out hope it falls completely flat and Hasbro backs off back to sane prices. Especially WalMart; their cost squeezing on suppliers is usually pretty evil, but in this case 2 wrongs would make a right and if WalMart sees poor sales at these prices they could make Hasbro return prices back to sanity.

The market will dictate whether this works or not. If it works, Primus save us all.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:51 PM   #17
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I blame Star Wars collectors (sorta). This is Hasbro extending the pricey "Black Series" approach to TFs. "Hey those Star Wars guys went for it, let's try it with the new Transformers movie".

I think Takara had similar pricing revelations from 3P sales.

I'm holding out hope it falls completely flat and Hasbro backs off back to sane prices. Especially WalMart; their cost squeezing on suppliers is usually pretty evil, but in this case 2 wrongs would make a right and if WalMart sees poor sales at these prices they could make Hasbro return prices back to sanity.

The market will dictate whether this works or not. If it works, Primus save us all.
I totally agree with all this. I cannot in good conscience encourage people to support this line and the obvious greed of it.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:14 PM   #18
Mikformer
Machine War

The reviews of barricade shows how tiny this bot is, like a short stubby bot. like from the dark of the moon line. it is a pass for me.

At this pricing, I am thinking of going to KOs of figures. Since there aren't that many toys to begin with, I'm sure it will get KO'd soon.
Mikformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:27 PM   #19
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikformer View Post
The reviews of barricade shows how tiny this bot is, like a short stubby bot. like from the dark of the moon line. it is a pass for me.

At this pricing, I am thinking of going to KOs of figures. Since there aren't that many toys to begin with, I'm sure it will get KO'd soon.
He is super tiny

MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #20
Pascal
Banned

Berserker is a head taller though. Depends on the transformation I guess. Pretty sure Barricade's the same size as ROTF Skids, Mudflap and others. Varies from toy to toy. Remember Wheelie? Super tall in bot mode, super tiny in truck mode.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote