Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #1
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Question Forgotten 3rd Party TF... what happened to them?

So I was checking some upcoming 3rd party TFs... then I remembered one I REALLY wanted and realized last pictures we had dated back 2011... WTH happened to them? I'm sure you can think of many more, feel free to post them here...

So What ever happened to the MMC Heart of Steel Insecticons?

There were a lot of photos about their prototypes:

Heart of Steel was IMO one of the best serie of the TF I ever seen, the comics were Awesome, Mastermind Creations did superb jobs on all Prime locomotive, Shockwave boat and Seekers... I was so hyped for the insecticons train... and I believe that in the Seekers comic books there was an image of an upcoming Hound Heart of Steel figure:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...77152109_o.jpg

And all of this just... disappeared? Went on the back burner?

Again MMC teased us a figure of Arcee called Azalea which looks super nice, I'm guessing she should come out soon after MMC finishes putting out their Predacons

But no news on the release window? :-(

Who can forget Bendway? The Robot Autobus that I had on preorder for 3 years at BBTS and we never gotten any news (BBTS Says "sold out" but my preorder got cancelled after 3yrs of waiting):

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...00&mode=retail

Then there was Xtransbots that were suppose to put out in October 2012 their versions of "MP" Ironhide & Ratchet:

Bigger picture here: http://static.seibertron.com/images/...43657854_2.jpg

I know he doesnt hold a candle to the IGear's versions... but the reason I only gotten one iGear's iteration of Ratchet was because I wanted to buy that XTransbot's Ironhide to have at least a set of different robot that scaled good with the MP class. Never heard from them... instead they are coming up with Huffer that should be releasing soon. (which looks sweet and I really want him but still on the fence).

Speaking of Huffer, CUBEX were suppose to come up with their versions:

Personally I love Cubex a bit more than XTransbot's, Cubex seems a bit more intricate, while XTransbot seems way too simple... but its my personal taste. Problem is after Cubex announced their Huffer, we never heard anything more... while XTransbot is coming out in a few weeks

I know there was also TFC's Dinobots combiner... dunno what is happening with this one:

And apparently TFC is coming up next with their protectobots but I'm not too impressed with it I'm tired of seeing the "clearly they are legs as forearms" on the late combiners... only Giant & Hercules succeded in not getting this syndrome:

You guys know of more? Maybe you got news about them? Please share! ;-)
Old 12-28-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
FEZaid
Arabian Knight
Re: Forgotten 3rd Party TF... what happened to them?

Fansproject: Warbot - Steelcore Trailer, it was teased over a year ago, at TFcon 2012.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:47 AM   #3
RocketGTR
Animated

Cubex Huffer is coming out in January I believe.

TF Source says December but I doubt we'll see it til next month.

And for the life of me I can't seem to find the place where I saw the updated photo's and info. But I'm probably too tired...

Last edited by RocketGTR; 12-28-2013 at 05:07 AM.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
justprime
Animated

Add to the list the various add on trailer armor,.. bodysuits etc and in paticular for me the iron army main body (halftrack) .....the toys were cool liked the ww2 vehicles I have to wonder with these companys doing pretty much the same figures/charaters and competing against one anothers version of this charater... if thats not impacting/affecting there sales,.. not to mention the cost of doing a limited run figure compared to the mass flood by numbers of hasbro product (when we see it) and thus putting further plans on hold from these third party people,with the current attatude towards the collectors market by Hasbro who apparantly doesn't understand or care,...takara on the other hand seems to understand this market and provides a product for it somewhat) there should be a vast oppertunity for the third party bots to flurish and yet they are still sitting in the background with promisis still unfullfilled, and fans getting tired of waiting and reluctant to support after long delays and waiting perhaps for the day that never comes,... defeats further sales and affects the whole of further pre orders /sales.... third parties take note we love your product but we would also like to see it become a real thing with little wait time once announced,... dont let us down,.. hasbro does that enough for all
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

The only cancelled figure(s) I miss are the HOS line. MMC did a fantastic job with it but they claim it didn't sell well enough.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
MMC did a fantastic job with it but they claim it didn't sell well enough.
I love the looks of the figures but there were many design flaws (ex Cyclops - hip/midsection attachment, the "hull" tabs, the anchor and the mini sub)
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

I agree that Cyclops was not a play piece and even I broke a tab but it still is a gorgeous figure.

Steam Punk and Transformers are meant to be together.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

Agreed that I also broke a few tabs on mine and he still sits at the top of my favorite list of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Add to the list the various add on trailer armor,.. bodysuits etc and in paticular for me the iron army main body (halftrack) .....the toys were cool liked the ww2 vehicles
Iron Army? These guys?:

They been out for a while... I own them you can still find them at BBTS:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...22&mode=retail
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...21&mode=retail
Old 12-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #9
Slayback
Animated

The TFC Iron Army was supposed to have a halftrack that would serve as the main body for the combiner mode. they did a teaser silhouette for it awhile back.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #10
Nullray
IGC

What has happened to HeadRobots and their projects?
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3rd party, forgotten, slave