Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #11
Buhawi
Ang Alamat
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Anyone for a meetup? Sell/ trade. Good nerdy time. Throw kitbash ideas? anything TF related?

I'm off three day per week. Hehehe tues. Weds and thurs. I can also meet up before 6:00 pm any day.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #12
SMOG
zombicon

There might be a local get-together in the works. I'll keep you posted if it happens, bud. Tuesdays tend to be open. Wednesday I can only do after 6pm. Thursday is mostly out.

Dabra, me too. Je sais pas quoi faire... dans le passe, c'etait possible d'attendre quelques mois pour avoir les nouvelles waves, mais ces jours la... je n'ai pas grand espoir. You just never know if they'll ever show up. STILL no Prime wave 2 Deluxes?? SERIOUSLY??

ugh.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #13
alternatorfan
g1 baby

do you have to be Bi to join? I can understand french but spelling out sentences is tricky. Bonjour!
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #14
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Two things I can see hapening with the later PRID Waves. Either everything shows up at once for the Christmas season (they SERIOUSLY can't have the same Transformers Deluxes as last year still on the shelves, that would be suicide for the christmas season!), wave after wave and rapes our wallets... or we only get wave 2 and everything else gets dumped to Winners (which, at the very least, would mean cheaper price even if we have to wait some more) when movie 4 toys suddenly show up to ruin the day.

At least we don't have to worry about movie 4 toys ruining our day anytime soon...

I WANT DEAD END DAMNIT!!!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:39 AM   #15
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
do you have to be Bi to join?
Hahaha! I'm not sure what kind of club you think this is!

Quote:
I can understand french but spelling out sentences is tricky. Bonjour!
Anyone can post here. This is just another thread like any other. I just happened start it for Quebec fans... post in which ever language you want, and I'm sure we'll get along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Two things I can see hapening with the later PRID Waves. Either everything shows up at once for the Christmas season (they SERIOUSLY can't have the same Transformers Deluxes as last year still on the shelves, that would be suicide for the christmas season!), wave after wave and rapes our wallets... or we only get wave 2 and everything else gets dumped to Winners (which, at the very least, would mean cheaper price even if we have to wait some more) when movie 4 toys suddenly show up to ruin the day.
Well, I like your Christmas theory, because I figure toy departments will have to start beefing up sometime late in October. And waiting a month or two is better than... well... never.

zmog
Old 09-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #16
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Well if my experience in a toy store last year is any indication, shipment preparing for Christmas are trickling in as we speak. By the middle to end of November the bulk of everything the store need is normally already there, and shipment start slowing down.

So I'm not going to go online for my TF fix until january or february. THEN we can give up hope.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #17
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

^

Yup.

That's how I feel as well. Get ready cause those rebates are going to flood us soon enough as well. As for MP 10 I still think it's coming to Quebec.

I suspect TRU will be getting a huge shipment in a few weeks. maybe days.

By xmas time I'll be begging local scalpers to get rid of the stuff out of MY aisles! Lol

Last edited by Buhawi; 09-30-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:55 AM   #18
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
As for MP 10 I still think it's coming to Quebec.

I suspect TRU will be getting a huge shipment in a few weeks. maybe days.
Seriously? Have you got any reasons for this, or are you just trying to think positively. Have you just read The Secret or something?

Buying online isn't always a bad idea. In the past I've managed to score things for less than retail. It's usually just about luck. And we do have people in our sale threads here who sometimes sell off new stuff for decent prices.

zmog
Old 09-30-2012, 02:18 AM   #19
xelement24x
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabra_dmp View Post
Penser vous je que devrais acheter le wave 2 de FOC online? Je sais pas si y vont avoir ce wave la dans les magasins. La distribution ici Suck Ã* mort.
They got foc wave 2 at toys on fire....if your willing to pay their prices

Quote:
But what exactly is the difference between a regular Toys 'R' Us and an Express one, beside the lack of bikes and large outdoor items?
From what ive noticed, express ones have less particular items and more just overstock items. Also, they are much smaller and carry less items such as bikes and outdoor stuff. Not much of a difference, but i do notice more TFs in these kinds of TRUs.

Quote:
So... how about 'em sucky Zellers and their 24,99 deluxes? Can't wait for the closing sales to put them back down to normal retail -.- I'm utterly baffled on how those things can sell at that price! I mean who goes to Zellers and can afford that? Especially when you got slightly bigger DOTM toys and leftover Generations ones right next to them for cheaper!
What baffles me even more is the hasbro shrinkage! Most of the new prime "deluxes" are scout size at best! I can literly put RID Kup next to RTS Windcharger and there is like 1 inch difference.... Not trying to troll hasbro, but i am very critical about the things im passionate about

Awesome thread ideas everyone!

Last edited by xelement24x; 09-30-2012 at 02:30 AM.
xelement24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:52 AM   #20
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Do the PRID deluxe shrink with the waves? Wheeljack isn't that small. He's still bigger and bulkier than most of my scout, HA basics and PCC Commander (though Smolder looks bigger because of his hollow shoulder-towers). He's not as bulky as Generation Wheeljack but just as tall.

Now vehicle mode might be a bit tricker but I find that what the new deluxes mostly lack is bulk and mass rather than height. I got FOC Shockwave between Generation Scourge and PRID Makeshift on my shelf with Darksteel behind Scourge... it's clear there's a difference in the ammount of plastic but the 'prescence' is not that drastic (well Scourge has that grandiose cape but still).