Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
sarmick01
Canadian Slag
Star Wars Clone Wars

Has anyone started watching them from season 1 episode 1 and noticed how some episodes are out of place? I'mon season 3 and a couple eepisodes should have been in other seasons.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: Star Wars Clone Wars

I feel your pain. In general, the whole episode placement was a very frustrating thing for me. It's actually why I stopped watching it.

In Season 1 Clone Wars had only a couple main story arcs that spanned across the whole season, with the main story being trying to capture General Grievous. I was hooked.

Then Season 2 started introducing a bunch of smaller "one off" episodes. All independent of each other that were placed randomly between other main story episodes. It got a bit frustrating for me cause I wanted to know more about the hunt for Greivous.

Things started going down hill real quick for me when there were episodes sporadically thrown in about random planet take overs by the separatists, droid and uninteresting bounty hunter sub plots or padawan stories.

Then finally Asaaj and Dooku's story were brought into the fore front with the introduction of the whole Night Sister Sith witch angle. Man that was cool. Then they take it away and focus on Savage Opress.

I think I waited three seasons to see Dooku wield a light saber in action or to impart any sith knowledge on anyone.

Maul is brought back to sell toys and the whole show fell apart for me cause they teased his comeback at the end of a season and then made us wait almost an entire season to bring the Maul story line back, with unrelated filler stories packed in between. *flips table

I just gave up on the series as I would tune in each week to hopefully learn more of Dooku or Grievous or Maul's capture but just found myself being forced more random episode fodder.

So yah, I felt like pretty much after Season 2 many of the episodes could have been placed in pretty much any random order. Chances are, that's what they did, had a bunch of story writers create those random episodes but didn't realize some of the details crossed over other episodes. I've seen this happen in Simpson episodes too.

Are you watching it on Netflix? Or DVD? Maybe they mixed up the order. I have noticed Netflix changed the order of episodes for G1 Transformers from what I have on my hard drive.

What are your thoughts, in general, on the show? I'm curious to hear another persons view. Hopefully I didn't reveal too much spoiler for you
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

It was done that muddled way intentionally - much how the Prequels came after the OT, just on a smaller scale.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
Ozrein
Stunticon

I've been watching the series start to finish (well I'm in season 4 ATM) on Netflix and yes some of the episodes are awkwardly placed in their order (there's an episode in season 3(?) that features a senator friend of Padme, alive and well, yet he was murdered the season prior). Still overall an enjoyable series.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #5
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

I too am watching on Netflix. I've seen the series already up to the end of season 5. Another one issue in season 3 where toydaria is introduced as neutral and at the end of the episode there is talk of negotiations with the Republic, but the very first episode of season one is ambush...where Yoda proves himself to the toydarians.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote