Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 05-20-2023, 06:20 PM   #1
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
G.I. Joe X Bumblbee & Megatron

So having had these two figures for a bit, I have to say that, over all, I like them, and I hope they do more.
They do have flaws, mostly owing to having to be compatible with the Joe & Cobra figures. Which will present problems for any future figures since so many of those vehicles are pretty large. If they were to make Seekers out of the Rattlers, they'd easily be in the commander class price point, and say Jetfire out of a Skystriker might be priced like a titan.

These were mostly designed by the Joe team at Hasbro and it shows. The vehicle modes are almost flawless while the bot modes are kinda clumsy.
It would probably be best if the Transformer team took the lead if there are to be any future figures, and they'd probably be better if they didn't have to be Joe figure compatible.

I'd be interested to know how the Joe community reacted to these figures, how they were received. Did they like them, hate them, did'nt even know they existed?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JoeBeeandMegs1.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	53537   Click image for larger version

Name:	JoeBeeandMegs2.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	53538  
Old 05-21-2023, 12:48 AM   #2
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: G.I. Joe X Bumblbee & Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
So having had these two figures for a bit, I have to say that, over all, I like them, and I hope they do more.
They do have flaws, mostly owing to having to be compatible with the Joe & Cobra figures. Which will present problems for any future figures since so many of those vehicles are pretty large. If they were to make Seekers out of the Rattlers, they'd easily be in the commander class price point, and say Jetfire out of a Skystriker might be priced like a titan.

These were mostly designed by the Joe team at Hasbro and it shows. The vehicle modes are almost flawless while the bot modes are kinda clumsy.
It would probably be best if the Transformer team took the lead if there are to be any future figures, and they'd probably be better if they didn't have to be Joe figure compatible.

I'd be interested to know how the Joe community reacted to these figures, how they were received. Did they like them, hate them, did'nt even know they existed?
I do agree about the bot modes. Megatron especially looks clumsy. The bot modes are so tacked on. The problem is that they tried to "g1-ify" the bot modes, so the proportions and colors don't match anything. I think these would have been more successful if the bot modes were more of their own thing and would have somewhat resembled each character instead.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 05:31 AM   #3
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: G.I. Joe X Bumblbee & Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post

Actually they were designed by the team at Takara-Tomy at the direction of the Hasbro team.

Hasbro came up with the idea and what they wanted from the line, but they tasked the TF design team at Takara-Tomy with creating the toy. So design issues are on that team.

Now of course they did the best they could with the limitations they were given (vehicle mode first, must fit a figure). So I think there should be a lot of leeway given to them.

Personally I love this line so far. As a Joe fan it is great seeing some of the classic vehicles finally getting crossed over with TFs like I have always wanted. Then on top of that they fit with the O-Ring figures!!!!! This is pretty much everything I wanted in one line, so I can forgive some of the sacrifices they had to make to get this to work.

As for the next vehicle it has all but been confirmed, through leaks, that it will be Soundwave as the Thunder Machine with Zarana and Zartan figures.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote