Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-04-2018, 09:26 PM   #11
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: MP-44 @ Amazon Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
I don’t disagree that the price is better, but it’s brutal compared to the $70 I paid for MP10 at tru. Also, I, like most of you, mainly display my MP collection, but they’re still Transformers and the whole point of them is that they transform!

I love MP36, but it’s a bummer that I can’t enjoy him as much because I don’t want to damage him. $400 is better than $600, yes, but it’s too much. I REALLY want him, but the stress and cost take the fun out of it for me.
I know what you mean, the price is really steep. I'll get MP-44, but if future MP's continue at this price point, I'm finished with collecting Masterpiece Transformers.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #12
CanBot
Cybertron

Anime Exportnis a viable option too, with the usual headaches of their customer service...but you know they shouldn't get hit with import fees. DHL is pretty much 100% for that jn my experience. Might be still worth it for the Amazon backup for QC. I won't be getting him though, just too pricey and I have now had to stop buying autobots. The line is getting a bit nutty for me.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:15 PM   #13
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

I was really surprised by the price. I want him, but... damn. BTW, I can't believe they haven't done a Jazz. Or am I just blind?
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:06 PM   #14
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
I was really surprised by the price. I want him, but... damn. BTW, I can't believe they haven't done a Jazz. Or am I just blind?
No official MP Jazz has been announced since Porsche is reluctant to license their cars. There are now at least 3 decent third party MP sized Jazz available (I have the MakeToys one). They all have their pros and cons but like I said pretty decent. I picked the MT one because it is the most faithful MP representation of the G1 toy IMHO. We all have our preferences.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:25 PM   #15
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
I don’t disagree that the price is better, but it’s brutal compared to the $70 I paid for MP10 at tru. Also, I, like most of you, mainly display my MP collection, but they’re still Transformers and the whole point of them is that they transform!

I love MP36, but it’s a bummer that I can’t enjoy him as much because I don’t want to damage him. $400 is better than $600, yes, but it’s too much. I REALLY want him, but the stress and cost take the fun out of it for me.
THIS all day long and 500 times on Saturday lol.

I performed an experiment where I asked a few people I know what they thought of the MP-44 pics. Now, these are people who admittedly did not know the price but do know the MP's have a higher price tag, and on 4 seperate occassions, the conversation went basically the same way:
"Wow, that does look pretty good."
Me: "Yeah, it is pretty fancy. I have a few issues with it but undoubtedly they captured the character."
" You getting him.?"
Me: " Nah, he is MP and doesn't fit my collection."
" Oh, he's from that pricey line. Well, he looks good for a 150 bucks (to be fair, two people said 150, 1 said 179 and the fourth said 200)."
Me: ".......600."
The result was various levels of surprise and shock. 2 believed I was tricking them with such an absurd price until I showed it to them.

Yes, the Amazon jp price is MUCH better and I say fill your boots there if you need to for whatever reason, but the thing is, 437 or whatever is still ludicrus.

I AM curious though how the China IP crackdown will affect costs and when/if a ko occurs here. I could see MANY opting for a 150 dollar ko.

Just like The7thParallel said, it is too damn much and the stress of it takes the fun out of it. and a cost like this will unfortunately be prohibitive to the vast majority.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:23 PM   #16
BoNKerS
Animated

I was close to hitting pre-order. Soooooo closeeeeeeee
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #17
BlackZarak
Robot in Disguise
BlackZarak's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
I was close to hitting pre-order. Soooooo closeeeeeeee
You can always pre-order now and cancel later if you change your mind. Amazon's price will only increase over time until it's sold out.
BlackZarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:32 AM   #18
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Two questions, should I pre-order now from Amazon Japan or wait for another place either in Canada or that won't ding me for full duty/taxes like Amazon will?

Do I need to pay the full amount now even though the item doesn't come out for almost a year?

Thanks!
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #19
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

Quote:
Two questions, should I pre-order now from Amazon Japan or wait for another place either in Canada or that won't ding me for full duty/taxes like Amazon will?

Do I need to pay the full amount now even though the item doesn't come out for almost a year?

Thanks!

You pre-pay the taxes at the time of purchase and it's pretty cheap! GO! DO IT!
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:13 PM   #20
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:

Thanks!
You can preorder it now with AmiAmi and ship it by any postal service option: even though AmiAmi now declares full value on all shipments you may get lucky and get it slipped through the system w/o CBSA seeing it. Or, check places like like Nippon Yassan which don’t declare full value and take your chances. And I wouldn’t get it locally since it will be cheaper to get it through amazon.co.jp with the prepaid sales tax (no duty) and their super cheap DHL shipping anyway.

I have no idea why anyone will get it locally (at least not at the $599.99 MSRP). People complained that Amazon withhold tax but you will pay sales tax at EB, TRU, etc. anyway. I supposed you can wait it out to see if there will be a sales, coupons or even clearances on this locally. But if you want it at release date Amazon Japan (or take a chance with AmiAmi hoping that CBSA won’t get their hands on your shipment) is the way to go now.

Amazon Japan will only charge you when it is ready to be shipped and you can cancel the order anytime before they are preparing your order for shipping.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 12-23-2018 at 01:22 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote