Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-23-2015, 07:13 PM   #11
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style
Re: MP value over time?

^^^^^^^^^^ all these

I use the latest Hasbro release of Grimmy as an example got it sealed in the box for 69.00. before that I was lucky to see a loose grimmy for 185.00.

If they re-release the value drops a bit do to supply and demand( heavy on the depand)

keep this in mind too

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:54 PM   #12
steamwhistle
Crossover

I think OP is looking for a reference... Just to know how much the approximate original price of an MP was, to have a gauge to feel if it's worth buying at the current, inflated, "supply and demand" rate.

As an example, I'm looking for an MP-11 Starscream, but if the original price was $120, I'm not interested in paying $220 for it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:39 PM   #13
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
if you are collecting to get rich or make more money than the initial investment then I would say stop collecting MP would be my advice. I collect for my enjoyment. I invest in stock and bonds when I want to make money.
this guy knows what he is talking about. buying tf for investment is quite frankly a terrible idea. buy real estate . ask all those people in the 90s how their cards and comics investments panned out. we are in the boom phase of tf collecting where prices are based on speculation increasing price points and with market saturation like mp10 the bust is coming..
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:44 PM   #14
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Let's look at the Grandaddy of all Masterpieces MP-01. When it first came out in North America, with no trailer, I saw it for $99.99 Can. If you check the Ebay prices, which are known to be generally on the high side, you can buy one MISB for $122 and loose for $85. Take into account inflation, and prices are at best retaining retail value.

Plenty of reasons it's not up there in pricing. Multiple reissues being one. But maybe one of the biggest reasons is MP-10. Who's chasing down the old shaggy dog when the new hotness is staring them in the face?

You have to figure in the future they'll make an new MP series and the old one will drop in prices. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what happened, and what's happening to the Alternators line up? Who want's alternators Sideswipe when the MP version is superior.