Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: How was the episode?
Excellent! 28 82.35%
Good 3 8.82%
Passable 1 2.94%
Terrible! 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2008, 01:39 AM   #1
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Transformers Animated Episode 19 Official Discussion

Transformers Animated airs on YTV Saturday, at 11:00am EST, with episode 19, titled "Mission Accomplished"

This thread is here to discuss this episode only,
please save the toy and future episode discussion for another thread.

Please refrain from posting spoilers until the airing, discuss your expectations and guesses of the episode until then.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer
Re: Transformers Animated Episode 19 Official Discussion

This was a great episode. The runaway train scene had most of the characters involved, and indestructible Starscream was very interesting. I was surprised how Magnus got blasted in the head by Starscream, after showing his ultimate power in the previous episodes. To top it all off, Sentinel got beaten by Prime in more ways than one.

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

starscream's a ghost? nice twist lol, overall i really liked the episode, captain fanzone's adoption sequence was pretty funny, disapointed that jazz left earth, and they took starscream away, but hopefully we'll see them again

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
Barpharanges
Beast Machine

That was a fun episode. I still like the concept of a single Decepticon holding its own against an entire team of Autobots.
Loved the multiple attempts of Starscream to attack Megatron, followed by his corpse being tossed of the cliff multiple times. Best use of re-use animation I've seen in Transformers.
Oh, and Ironhide's head makes an cameo!

Last edited by Barpharanges; 04-26-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Barpharanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

You'd think after tossing Starscream repeatedly into the same spot would be ineffective after a certain amount of times? :P

Overall I think it was an excellent episode, loved the train scene and seeing everyone work together. This show is just getting better and better. I think we'll need more options with the poll in the future.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #6
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

I didn't think the episode was that good. The Decepticons were pretty good, the AllSpark fragment thing is cheap and nonsensical and you'd think Megatron and the boys would figure out that for some reason Starscream keeps coming back so they ought to dismantle him or something. Starscream's probably the best character in the series.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
Incepticon
Double Agent

Absolutely fantastic episode, and definitely my favorite one since the Elite Guard arrived. Great use of characters (hello Ironhide!), Megatron's little G1-esque "you couldn't lead a parade" quote to Starscream, Sentinel's scream when getting owned by Optimus, the whole "ghost" of Starscream thing topped with him now being indestructible, Bulkhead almost taking Screamer's head off, Sentinel's wuss reaction when he saw a Decepticon for the first time, the hilarious montage of failed Screamer attacks, etc etc etc. So good.

I even loved the whole tongue-in-cheek reference to President Bush and co. Calling the episode "Mission Accomplished" (see Bush's premature speech on an aircraft carrier with that phrase on a banner spanning the entire boat) topped with Magnus' "embolding the enemy" speech... all of it a pretty ballsy and equally clever move on the part of the writers. Kids won't get it, but we sure did, haha.

The action, the dialogue... everything about it was top notch imo. LOVED the part with Fanzone being approached to take care of Sari as well. Plus I really like the setup of where this could be going in terms of Megatron's call to other Cons spread throughout the galaxy and his plan to reclaim Cybertron "from within". The reference to his double agent has me very excited to see what happens next week since I assume it's the episode where BB & Bulkhead track the traitor.

The only disappointing part was Jazz leaving with the Elite Guard. I really hoped he would stay for at least a few episodes. Was looking forward to some more ptential team-up action with Prowl.

Kay I'm done.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
Nocturn
Previously Dead

I completely missed Ironhide. Still a good episode though.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #9
Vega-Starscream
Beasty

Loved that episode
Lots of Bots and Cons in action, also like that train scene. Sad that Jazz is going, but at least we get rid of Sentinel, for a while anyway. Loved that Ironhide cameo, will there be a toy of him you think?
Vega-Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #10
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

By the looks of it he has the same Alt mode as Red Alert did before coming to Earth so if they make a mold of that its possible we could se both. Of course a repaint of Earth Ratchet with a new head could also be possible. Who knows, only time will tell but since seems to be going on for a 3rd season and possibly a 4th, anything is possible