Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Energon or Super Link Terrorcons

Just out of curiosity what kind of differences would there be paint app wise between the two different releases for the series? I mean would they stand out if say you were to have one of each type from both Energon and Super Link? Or what?

I'm thinking I'll get five American/Canadian versions of each Terrorcon type except for the commanders and five of each version of the Japanese versions for each Terrorcon type except Forest Type Chrome Horn, Cosmos Type Shadow Hawk and possibly Magma Type Dinobot, because I intend to make FT Chrome Horn and CT Shadow Hawk the leaders of the respective factions of those two since Hasbro foolishly never gave us repaints of Divebomb and Insecticon to use as Terrorcon Generals. I'm surprised the scout class Movie figures didn't get them dumped in considering they used every Omni-Con mold twice except Signal Flare. Of course Terrorcons don't fit in with the Realisim of the line so, yeah.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Energon or Super Link Terrorcons

First of all, there are many more Super-Link Terrorcon redecos than there are in Energon.

As far as paint aps go, I think there's enough difference to warrant getting both, but there's a catch.

To the untrained eye they'll look the same unless they're directly next to each other.

I'd suggest looking through some galleries at the Hasbro and Takara releases before making your decision.

Also, if you want to complete the Energon/Super-Link Terrorcons, you'll have to get Megatron. I mean, his deco matches the other Terrorcons, and his alt mode is somewhat based on a bird (yes, look at the nose-cone) so it fits the whole animal theme of the other Terrorcons.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
First of all, there are many more Super-Link Terrorcon redecos than there are in Energon.

As far as paint aps go, I think there's enough difference to warrant getting both, but there's a catch.

To the untrained eye they'll look the same unless they're directly next to each other.

I'd suggest looking through some galleries at the Hasbro and Takara releases before making your decision.

Also, if you want to complete the Energon/Super-Link Terrorcons, you'll have to get Megatron. I mean, his deco matches the other Terrorcons, and his alt mode is somewhat based on a bird (yes, look at the nose-cone) so it fits the whole animal theme of the other Terrorcons.
I've got Galvatron General, but when I get the Powerlinx Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron Energon two pack I'll have Megatron too so no worries. One from Energon one from Super Link and I didn't have to buy the oversized looking piece of junk Leader version.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Here's some images of a few of the different decos

Energon Cruellock / Energon Doomlock / Super-Link Dinobot Magma-Type
http://www.seibertron.com/toys/fulls...ize=1&image=37

Energon Battle Ravage / Energon Command Ravage / Super-Link Battle Ravage
http://www.seibertron.com/toys/fulls...ize=1&image=23

Energon Divebomb / Super-Link Shadowhawk Cosmo Type http://www.seibertron.com/toys/fulls...ize=1&image=41

Energon Insecticon / Super-Link Chrome Horn Forest Type
http://www.seibertron.com/toys/fulls...ize=1&image=22
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote