Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2011, 03:43 AM   #61
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: Lego Collectible Minifigure sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemar View Post
What exactly is this? Lego people in different attire? I didn't realize they sold the little men separately.
Pretty much

http://minifigures.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx

They are blind packed and sought out my collectors and scalpers alike.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #62
Deemar
Banned

That's pretty cool but why pack them all in the same package? I have a barcode scanner on my phone that will tell me what anything is that I scan, I figure most people have this.

Cool though, I like them.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #63
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemar View Post
That's pretty cool but why pack them all in the same package? I have a barcode scanner on my phone that will tell me what anything is that I scan, I figure most people have this.

Cool though, I like them.
That is why they got rid of the barcode which identifies who is in what pack and switched to a Brail style code with raised bumps... The problem with this is, the bumps are the same color as the package and difficult to make out... Some batches/case assortments have been reported to alter the bump patterns for certain figures... And after spending twenty-five seconds trying to discern bumps the impatient (like me) just say to hell with it and try the luck of the draw.

I am pretty much happy with every one I've gotten so far, and upon reflection it would appear that the dot codes on the packaging is mostly consistent with the original cheat sheet I printed off, the only two I failed to identify by dot placement after the fact were the Tennis Player and the Gorilla Suit Guy.

Now if I could just score those last seven figures I'd finally have a complete set, and if I could convince my parents to grant me an extra boon I might be able to hunt down all of Series 2 and the rest of Series 1 via BrickLink or smaller retailers.

Some people are complaining that the randomness is just plain stupid and annoying, I say, that's half the fun, cracking the code and figuring out what you're buying beforehand isn't as exciting as opening the bags and being thrilled to discover that your intuition or hunches paid off in the long run just by a cursory glance at those silly little dots. Or pure random acts of luck.

I bought ten of them without bothering to try to figure out what was what and I got 9 of the group of sixteen with only a single double... I didn't feel for anything, I just tried my luck and got rewarded. It was a real treat to open them up and discover I'd gotten so many wonderful new Mini-Figures.

That's the real draw of these, but because of the cheat sheets Scalpers get their greedy mits on the most desireable ones first and something needs to be done about this. Perhaps if we just hit the Scalpers over the head with a LEGO brick the size of a Volkswagen.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #64
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Yeah the new bump system can be a SOB to figure out, so I said f'it and bought a bunch of random packs and went home and felt them up "good". Then returned the un-opened packs back to Wally, I was even so nice to print on the back what's in the packs
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #65
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Red face Re: Lego Collectible Minifigure sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
......so I said f'it and bought a bunch of random packs and went home......Then returned the un-opened packs back to Wally, I was even so nice to print on the back what's in the packs
Wow, that's nice of you. I was the loser standing in front of the boxes feeling the packages (at my Wal-Mart), then putting the ones I want behind some larger boxset closeby.

I didn't spend too much time on each, so I managed to get 2 I didn't want. Two out of 10 isn't so bad. They are now listed in my BST thread.

I'm not a fan of the blind packaging.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #66
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Yeah the new bump system can be a SOB to figure out, so I said f'it and bought a bunch of random packs and went home and felt them up "good". Then returned the un-opened packs back to Wally, I was even so nice to print on the back what's in the packs
That's exactly what I did!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #67
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

new LEGO mini fig app for iOS devices! a great time killer game! not sure if it's on any RIM or Android devices though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0512.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	9561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0513.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	9562   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0514.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	9563   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0515.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	9564   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0516.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	9565  

Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #68
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I have a third Sumo now due to failure to pay close enough attention to the dots and those dots being unlike the previous two Sumos.

So, anybody in the Winnipeg area hunting for a Sumo, I would accept 3$ cash or a trade of either the Pilot, Samurai or Hula Girl.

We could meet up at the March Toy Expo next weekend to finalize the deal, should you be interested and attending same.

*Grumble Grumble* Dangflabbit I can't believe they suckered me again into paying for a Sumo.

Mini-Figures Series 3 Collection Count so far:

Elf (2)
Sumo (3)
Alien (2)
Gorilla Suit Guy
Tribal Chief
Racecar Driver
Cyborg (Or Space Villain if you prefer LEGO's name for him.)
Fisherman
Snowboarder
Tennis Player
Baseball Player
Rapper
Mummy

*SIGH* My goal was to have only doubles of the female Mini-Figs for Male to Female ratio evening out, maybe a double of the Elf just because, but two Sumo and two Aliens aren't so bad... Three is where I draw the line however.

Series 4 will more than likely be upon us soon, what will happen then? How many duplicates and triplecates might I inadvertantly acquire in my quest to own all 16 lovely Mini-Figures? And am I the only one who doesn't mind doubles so long as the double serves a good purpose?

"From the East, Sumo 1, From the West, Sumo 2..." Ugh, sorry if that sounds off or anything, but my only knowledge of Sumo Wrestling comes from either the Pokemon Anime or Austin Powers 2.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #69
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

I think this wouldn't be as big of a problem if stores actualy STOCKED these things regularly...the only place I've found them in Vancouver was Urban Outfitters, and they were $6...
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #70
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I bought 6 of these, got 4 I didn't want, 1 I was on the fence about, and I got the one I wanted most! Not bad, considering the odds. I tried the baggy-dot-method-crap, but that only worked for the Alien. A few of them, I couldn't even find the dot pattern on whatever key I was using.. I didn't try very long though, like 5min total.

Oh well, got my Alien! *walks away*
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote