Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Megatron's transformation

This is a funny story actually, Megatron is a huge ass robot with a big fusion canon on his arm, but when he transforms, he turns into a small gun. Really!?!, I thought for a minute when I first saw him transform, "What?, he turns into that? I thought he was going to be like a huge bazooka with his fusion canon. Has anybody thought about it too?
Old 07-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon
Re: Megatron's transformation

Every kid has thought about that but I've come to the conclusion that it's this type of continuity which makes Michael Bay perfect for the live action movies. It all makes sense now.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
This is a funny story actually, Megatron is a huge ass robot with a big fusion canon on his arm, but when he transforms, he turns into a small gun. Really!?!, I thought for a minute when I first saw him transform, "What?, he turns into that? I thought he was going to be like a huge bazooka with his fusion canon. Has anybody thought about it too?
Yeah...if you're referring to the shift in size/scale from robot to alt mode, a lot of G1 figures seemed to do that and the thought certainly crossed my mind as a kid. Look at G1 Soundwave, Blaster and their cassettes, for example.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

yes most transformers use mass shifting that is why they can be huge in bot mode and tiny tiny in alt mode also this is why more decepticons use it than autobots
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
IndecisiveS197
Generation 2

I think Ironwave is also referring to the fact that he turns into a gun that somebody else has to hold and shoot instead of just using the giant cannon on his arm.
IndecisiveS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Ya that is kinda funny.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #7
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Honestly, from the 1st moment I saw Transformers I realized they were a whole awesomeness beyond me.
So I never questioned their mass & volume shifting.

If others wanna question it, here's 2 cents:

1- Human science tells us that there is no law of conservation of volume. Nuclear science tells us there is also no law of conservation of mass!

Matter can change into energy at the atomic level. And Transformers are made of atoms.

So volume & mass shifting is not only possible, it happens in nature. Just look at the sun. The reaction happening right in there is reducing mass.

2- Regardless of the above, Transformers know science a HECK of alot better than humans do.
So if their scientific laws clash with ours, I would trust the Transformers.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #8
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

It happens more than that as well, the Transformers routinely travel inside Powerglide, Seaspray and Astrotrain whom are directly in scale when in robot mode.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #9
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
It took hasbro 2 seasons to think about it too, thats why they changed megs to galv " a big ass scaled fusion cannon" which can fly ????

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #10
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Also maybe this has something to do with the Great Upgrade after the Great War in Beast Wars when both Autobots and Decepticons had to downgrade, cause of their body mass and then when they transform all their components squeezed together, so they used a lot of energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
It happens more than that as well, the Transformers routinely travel inside Powerglide, Seaspray and Astrotrain whom are directly in scale when in robot mode.
They were using Skyfire and Omega Supreme as well for travelling, so they were releasing a lot of energy that way. So this is why in Season 3, the Autobots were mostly capable of flying and they weren't relying on SkyLynx, the Arialbots, Cosmos and Omega Supreme to take them to places. Hence, this is why we weren't seeing Omega, Cosmos, Skyfire, the Arialbots in most of the episodes, since most of the battle was in the Galaxy, Junkion, Cybertron and Quintessa.

Last edited by Ironwave; 07-11-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote