Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #11
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty
Re: New iGear Powered Convoy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Pfffffffft......

If that were the case then why don't we have an actual MP Ultra Magnus?

I honestly wouldn't take this as any evidence that a transformable trailer is in the works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Yeah right. iGear is in the business of copying shit, not making original stuff.

And when they do make original stuff, it bombs (from previous experiences), such as the Control centre they made.
I agree and I agree...

I was one of those waiting for over a year for the MP UM trailer that was in the works a few years back and nothing came of that one. And how long has it been since the rumour has been out on this one. I got excited for like a split second but reality smacked me in the face real fast.
Jeepmanhastj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #12
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
Or, GASP!, did something original and made their own armor upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
I got all excited for a second, thinking this was going to be some kind of armor add on kit...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmanhastj View Post
<<taken from the IGeartoys FB page>>

So there has to be a trailer for this thing if its true...
I believe a trailer is in the works.

On the iGear store page, they have a reviews secion for the PP02 (White Convoy, Magnus version) where many claim a trailer is the works. At one point, they had it in their description that a trailer would be announced early in 2011.

Since I hadn't seen anything lately on the iGear site, I contacted them about it, and this is the reply I got (March 2nd, 2011):

"We are still working on it, but can't sure the release date now."

So I wouldn't say it's a sure thing, but I wouldn't rule it out, either.

--Echo
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmanhastj View Post
I agree and I agree...

I was one of those waiting for over a year for the MP UM trailer that was in the works a few years back and nothing came of that one. And how long has it been since the rumour has been out on this one. I got excited for like a split second but reality smacked me in the face real fast.
That UM trailer/armor got released, but in Singapore, from what I saw.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #14
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
A friend of mine, that has inside info, mentioned that Takara retired MP-01, to release a smaller version. If this turns out true, it'll be interesting to see how it affects iGear.
I'd buy it! If they released a new MP Prime shrunk down to be more in scale with Rodimus and Grimlock and the Seekers, that would be awesome. Maybe then we'd get an actual MP Ultra Magnus, not just an albino Prime.

And then there's always the hope we'd get another MP Megatron. Hopefully that doesn't suffer from cosmic rust, or snap in half on camera.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #15
Protoman
The Legend

Waiting for Shining Convoy/Magnus. They ain't crazy hardcore till then
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #16
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
That UM trailer/armor got released, but in Singapore, from what I saw.
You mean this one? http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...311/page6.html

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...ncelled/16401/

From what I recall, the third party's forum (TF08) had a Preorder thread with it that almost all preorder payee's were disgusted with the time it took to get their money back when it was cancelled. I wonder, did TF08 become iGear?

Otherwise, there was never an MP Ultra Magnus trailer made, other than the paper one included in the MP02

If Takara really is going to release a smaller version of the MP's, they should think more carefully on pricing and not pull a Binaltech -> Alternity move. That really shouldn't be the case, since they're just be reverse engineering/shrinking the already existing MP molds instead of making it from scratch like the Alternity designs.

Last edited by Dark Rage; 03-14-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #17
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
....ya....that's the one...lord the final product looked awful...HE'S GOT A CHUBBY FACE AND SMILING!!!...

....WTF!?!

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #18
Nullray
IGC

In regards to Igear and the release of their trailers. I had a few emails with them back in November when I was Pre-ordering my PP-03 sets. I inquired about my pre-order with the trailers when the availability would be and what would they advise me do with my pre-order. Their response was to cancel the pre-order because they didn't have interest in persuing the line. They also said that the PP-02 was suppose to go on order after all the pre-orders for PP-03 where filled. That hasn't happend either. It seems they have nasty issues when if comes to release dates and other things for that matter.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #19
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty

Quote:
You mean this one?
From what I recall, the third party's forum (TF08) had a Preorder thread with it that almost all preorder payee's were disgusted with the time it took to get their money back when it was cancelled. I wonder, did TF08 become iGear?

I went through that. It wasn't the refund time that was bad - it was that they (tf08) didn't like how the trailer had turned out from the designer and they were trying to make it better since all the feedback sucked and it took about a year and change to finally cancel the project. Then the money was refunded with paypal fees deducted. It was such a dumb situation overall.
The guy's name I dealt with was Comus. Don't know if he's part of the iGear team.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #20
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullray View Post
In regards to Igear and the release of their trailers. I had a few emails with them back in November when I was Pre-ordering my PP-03 sets. I inquired about my pre-order with the trailers when the availability would be and what would they advise me do with my pre-order. Their response was to cancel the pre-order because they didn't have interest in persuing the line. They also said that the PP-02 was suppose to go on order after all the pre-orders for PP-03 where filled. That hasn't happend either. It seems they have nasty issues when if comes to release dates and other things for that matter.
I remember reading that. Weren't those trailers, the MP Prime trailers? the upscaled version of MP-04's trailer?