Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-14-2015, 10:47 PM   #571
Bountyan
Cybertron
Re: Combiner Wars/Generations

Takara Magnus looks better. I prefer white legs because of cartoon accuracy but I'll take red ones if everything else looks better thanks to actually having paint.

Also need to get Minimus off of someone. But I'm keeping the Alpha Trion too because I like the idea of having a small Alpha Trion toy for some reason. Especially since there are so few Alpha Trion toys in general.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:32 PM   #572
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

It seems like the Hasbro version's paint scheme is mostly based on the G1 cartoon appearance. While Takara's is defintely more based on the IDW comics appearance that mold is based on. Although they do take inspiration from other sources. Hasbro's vehicle mode looks a lot like the G1 toys. While Takara's gun is more G1 toy/comic/cartoon accurate.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:31 AM   #573
Grimtron
Generation 2

I prefer the darker blue on the Takara Magnus, since it looks more like the cartoon show and MP. The rims look better on the Takara Magnus as well, since they have that silver paint on them. And that white on the Takara version looks white, not the creamish colour on the Hasbro one. Hasbro Magnus looks a lot like the toy version with that paint. But having just black wheels is killing me. Paint them rims a separate colour!
Grimtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:51 PM   #574
alexsaurus_rex
Don't Panic!

Forgive me if this topic is buried in this thread but I have finally completed my Superion (the Air Raid hunt was long yet satisfying) and I was wondering if anyone has found a better use for Powerglide than the gun? I'm just not digging it. I currently have Powerglide attached to Superion's back with the legs/cannons over the shoulders.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:54 PM   #575
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsaurus_rex View Post
Forgive me if this topic is buried in this thread but I have finally completed my Superion (the Air Raid hunt was long yet satisfying) and I was wondering if anyone has found a better use for Powerglide than the gun? I'm just not digging it. I currently have Powerglide attached to Superion's back with the legs/cannons over the shoulders.
Yeah leave him as a stand alone figure lol. I can't use Powerglide as a gun or anything as an attachment but that's just me
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:40 PM   #576
alexsaurus_rex
Don't Panic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Yeah leave him as a stand alone figure lol. I can't use Powerglide as a gun or anything as an attachment but that's just me
That's a pity! I saw someone online where Menasor was compatible with many different legends for the chest. Oh well, Superion is pretty awesome!
Old 05-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #577
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

With Menasor you can do that but for Superion he looks best with his "chest" closed and doesn't have the proper spacing but for me Powerglide just doesn't work as anything other than what he is bot and plane but hey you never know someone may figure out a good way to use him. Just my 2 cents
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:53 PM   #578
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

I was really anxious and excited to get CW Leader Class Thundercracker, and after watching the reviews, I'm not that excited of getting him. He doesn't look a lot like Thundercracker, so going to pass
Old 05-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #579
Prime Sinister
Animated

Gave Prime the Protectobot limbs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wave 1 2 3 Combiners.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	28482  
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:18 PM   #580
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsaurus_rex View Post
Your post inspired me to do a little experiment. I think I found the unpublished combined mode for Powerglide that Hasbro never wanted you to see.

Superion's thong:

Oh hello, Victorion. Why yes, I AM happy to see you.

positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote