Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #241
mastereh
Generation 2
Re: !!!SPOILERS - TF4 AOE Movie Discussion - SPOILERS!!!

The scene where battle worn Optimus Prime upgraded to the new truck and all his wounds were healed.... can transformers do that?

If so what's the point of a medic? Everytime they get damaged just scan a new vehicle and off you go.
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #242
steamwhistle
Crossover

The scanning is an extreme negative issue for me. This basically give the TransFormers unlimited disguises. Why would Optimus keep re-scanning trucks? He should re-scan a different machine every day if he's trying to hide. Maybe an airplane? Then an Oreo vending machine. Perhaps a railway car. Couldn't he scan himself into something that looks like Galvatron?

I can accept most of the other so-called "flaws", but the scanning aspect keeps me from appreciating the new TransFormers.

Sure, the original G1 cartoon had Teletraan 1 scan and repair the bots in a similar fashion, but I can accept that -- having a computer conducting the rebuild/repairs. Although it was shown as a fairly instant process in the cartoon, I can extrapolate that the process would really take much longer than was shown. In the new TFs, having the bots reconfigure themselves instantly while active/moving/driving seems extremely unreasonable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #243
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
The scanning is an extreme negative issue for me. This basically give the TransFormers unlimited disguises. Why would Optimus keep re-scanning trucks? He should re-scan a different machine every day if he's trying to hide. Maybe an airplane? Then an Oreo vending machine. Perhaps a railway car. Couldn't he scan himself into something that looks like Galvatron?

I can accept most of the other so-called "flaws", but the scanning aspect keeps me from appreciating the new TransFormers.

Sure, the original G1 cartoon had Teletraan 1 scan and repair the bots in a similar fashion, but I can accept that -- having a computer conducting the rebuild/repairs. Although it was shown as a fairly instant process in the cartoon, I can extrapolate that the process would really take much longer than was shown. In the new TFs, having the bots reconfigure themselves instantly while active/moving/driving seems extremely unreasonable.
Maybe a full scan cost energy and during that time he is vulnerable? That's why during fighting they can't scan to recover.
And the total size can't change much before and after scan, just like T2's T1000.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #244
alexsaurus_rex
Don't Panic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by transforminator View Post
Personally, considering the situation and how humans were treating autobots, Prime's murderous attitude is completely justified in this movie. It was definitely out of character in the third one, but there's grounds in this one.

In fact, in terms of character development, Optimus had a really good arc. I enjoyed the relationship between Mark Wahlberg's character and Optimus but the dialogue needed improvement. Case in point is when Wahlberg is assuring Prime that he needs to have faith in humanity again....brilliant setup with sloppy dialogue.

Plus, how cool was Optimus' alt mode change while driving!?
Couldn't agree more! Prime is the most patient of 'Bots, but when his friends are being exterminated for profit, (& after saving our fleshy asses 3 times) he's going to snap.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #245
alexsaurus_rex
Don't Panic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastereh View Post
The scene where battle worn Optimus Prime upgraded to the new truck and all his wounds were healed.... can transformers do that?

If so what's the point of a medic? Everytime they get damaged just scan a new vehicle and off you go.
I rationalized it by the fact that Cade repaired the worst of the damage, the rest was surface injuries.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #246
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I think the real conflict in the movie might be between the writer and director. This may have been the best written movie of the franchise but we'll never know. I think the liberties taken by the director will undercut any well written movie. I think this should have been a two parter for the length of it, just make 2 two hour movies and then those loose ends hopefully would have got tied up.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #247
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post
Don't know why the Tessa/age thing is an issue. First the actress is 19, so you can feel "clean" watching the movie. Second, if the age that she portrays onscreen is the issue, Fox was also portrayed as a high-schooler, and it felt that she was shown in a more provocative light (the check engine scene), including the jokes ("The Boy's Pheromone Levels Suggests He Wants To Mate..."). Yet I don't remember it being an issue back then, so why now?
I think some are just getting tired of the same formula, gratuitous female butt shots, invincible protagonist human characters, explosions, shaky cams, 360 pans, dumb dialogue, robot-reincarnation, shrapnel looking robots smacking eat other silly, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
I don't think a new director would be a wise idea. That director would take an even far away direction that AOE set up, he'd have his own views, own ways of doing things. If they wanted a new director, they should of done it with the 4th which was suppose to set up a new trilogy and at least it would be a fluid motion throughout.
I didn't hurt SW Empire Strike Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastereh View Post
What? The medic is there to repair broken voice boxes... oh wait never mind BB is still a walking radio station, after what 10 years on Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Maybe a full scan cost energy and during that time he is vulnerable? That's why during fighting they can't scan to recover.
And the total size can't change much before and after scan, just like T2's T1000.
This brings up a good point, what do the Bay TF's do for energy? Do they consume electricity or energon?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #248
Marcotron
Robot Master

Did anyone else notice that "silver knight Optimus" was just a plaque on Lockdown's wall?
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #249
prime
Generation 2

I'm not upset about using product placements, especially in a movie which is essentially a toy commercial. My issue is how blatantly in-your-face it was, to the point where it was a distracting mess of "BUY THIS, BUY THIS!". The art of Product placement is that it is subliminal messaging, like walking out of the theater wanting to buy something without knowing why. The movie shouldn't feel like a giant commercial break trying to shoehorn as many products as possible. Some don't even make sense storyline-wise: When did Chinese protein powder become popular with 17 year old Texan girls?

Compare it with the first movie: off the top of your head, how many placements can you recall, other than the cars? I can recall three, and all involved transformations, showing they at least put some effort into it, as opposed to randomly handing Mark a Bud Light or Chinese Red Bull and telling him to drink it onscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsaurus_rex View Post
Couldn't agree more! Prime is the most patient of 'Bots, but when his friends are being exterminated for profit, (& after saving our fleshy asses 3 times) he's going to snap.
"I know I swore to protect all humans, but when I find out who did this, he will die!"
One of my favourite quotes. Prime is simply more ruthless in the Bayverse (as shown for his penchant to execute disabled enemies), so it's nice to see he hasn't gone soft.
prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #250
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
This brings up a good point, what do the Bay TF's do for energy? Do they consume electricity or energon?
They consume the soul of each and every person that watches this movie... moohahaah...

Now go and watch it again. You have nothing else to lose now