Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-16-2020, 11:31 PM   #21
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise
Re: Anyone know why we get really late TF releases in retail?

I just wish we would get more releases of Botbots here. We got flooded with wave 1, wave 2 hardly was seen here and wave 3 & 4 only saw a few released at TRU as multi packs. I had to go to the States looking for the few I wanted. Now series 6 just came out and like Canada is 3 waves behind. This is got to be the hardest Transformer line to collect. They all use the same SKUs as the previous waves so using sites like brickseek are useless. I don't really collect this series only wanted a few characters in this line. I can't even order these from amazon due to the fact that you can't be sure what you will get it is very frustrating.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:03 AM   #22
TNG
Hot Rod did nothing wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
I've definitely found its a bit better of late. I remember when we used to get things 4-6 weeks after us retail, now it seems to be anywhere from 2 weeks to us getting it first
I wish i had that luck here in Calgary. Im noticing the East gets way better distribution and release than Alberta and even within Alberta Calgary gets very late distribution compared to edmonton. Like we haven't even had Astrotrain from what i remember and thats like 2 months late from the Dec release date
TNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:12 AM   #23
TNG
Hot Rod did nothing wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
The longest we've had to wait was for transformers prime robots in disguise wave 2, took about a year and a bit to get them at Canadian retail. We got first edition before anyone else in the world by more than a year though.
Really?! Like I said to someone else Calgary seems to really fail for distribution and release. I believe part of titans wars took almost a over a year to switch to wave 2(My memory is a little though so it might vary a little)Supposedly Astrotrain is out but here we havent even seen him yet at least from what i remember in the Alberta Sightings and personal experience. I had to simply result to buying him online(Thank god TFToys is good on having good stock of figs)
Rising prices and bad distribution and release is making it slightly frustrating
TNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:34 AM   #24
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNG View Post
I wish i had that luck here in Calgary. Im noticing the East gets way better distribution and release than Alberta and even within Alberta Calgary gets very late distribution compared to edmonton. Like we haven't even had Astrotrain from what i remember and thats like 2 months late from the Dec release date
Calgary here: we've had Astrotrain since December. Not in high numbers, but every TRU has gotten it, at the very least. Unsure about Walmart, I don't get out much.

Unless you mean the reissue, in which case, most Walmart's got at least one shipment already. It just went fast.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:29 AM   #25
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
Winner’s/Marshall’s seem under reported on the boards here. I almost wonder if Winners should have it’s own thread.
I wouldn't mind that, Winners helped me pick up a TR voyager OP and a POTP Blot both @ half price last year, quite good quite good

But we can't really guarantee that a SKU rolling out at a Winners is indicative of it being widely available everywhere

The TR OP I took a chance locally because at the time several GTA sightings had confirmed it, and the Blot was just a fluke I found in Kingston, as far as I know
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:07 PM   #26
YYCTron
Generation 1

Siege Astrotrain was beside G1 Astrotrain at Westbrook Walmart in Calgary last week.
YYCTron is offline   Reply With Quote