Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-28-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Question Tfcon Feedback - Improvements, Suggestions, Ideas?

Just wanted to put this up since as great as TFcon was, there's always room for improvement.

Were there any issues, quirks, or disappointments you people had at the convention?

I'd love to hear what else can be done to make it better. So far, we have lots of Americans favoring TFcon over Botcon, which just leaves me a big grin.

Here are a few of mine:

TFcon program pamphlets
I know Scolscud said that the programs could look a bit more professional, but the idea never occured to me since I guess some people might wanted to keep it, and a colored one is prettier. I was always used to it being B&W anyways.

Bagging stations
I noticed that Transformers dealers tend to forget the bags, as I noticed that on Saturday. Ironically, all the 80's toy show dealers were totally prepared, almost everyone I saw had their purchases bagged. Would anyone want a spare bagging bin for people who dont need theirs anymore to put it in (such as putting their good in their cars) for others who need it?
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Tfcon Feedback - Improvements, Suggestions, Ideas?

Honestly, the only problem I had, and it's completely pointless really to mention is that DAMN AC IN THE PANEL ROOM. One moment you could drop dead due to heat, the next moment it was freezing like hell, I remember I had to run upstairs 10 minutes before my J-TF panel to get a long sleeve top otherwise I would be shaking like a leaf.

Otherwise, BEST. CON. EVAR!!!! =P

No seriously, we rocked so much it's not even funny, even Botcon veterans were so amazed.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
chans formers
raff ow roud

boxes and tubes would be doable too.the boxes for the guys buying parts/smaller loose items but dont have bags or a backpack,and simple cardboard tubes mostly for the annual tfcon lithographs to be able to be shoved into a suitcase so you dont forget them on a airport shuttle bus
for fun factor,someone on this board suggested something along the lines of a trypticon/skylynx/omegasupreme race/walk contest not too long ago.i can see it now,a supercharged trypticon burning up the track
Old 04-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I like the bagging stations...awesome idea...problem with coloured program guides are they are ridiculously expensive and to account for the additional cost we`d have to raise admission.

At most I REALLY wanted to do colour for the cover and back (Powered Commander bio) so they would stick out.....how were those I threw them together one night the week before the show :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #5
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
for fun factor,someone on this board suggested something along the lines of a trypticon/skylynx/omegasupreme race/walk contest not too long ago.i can see it now,a supercharged trypticon burning up the track
Tubes? Yeah, it's a good idea, depending on my budget (or people can just prep by bringing their own tubes, but it might not be big enough), I wouldn't mind doing it at cost, 'really hurts to see Alex Milne's spectacular work to be dented.

Boxes drop offs are good too, space might be hard to find though.

As for the TF race, it's so silly, it might work and be very popular. Watch some guy try to mod his TF's electric part and end up setting it on fire. Ssssssmokin'

As for the AC, yeah, it's really inconsistent. I was freezing in the dealer's room on Sunday, while it was a BO sauna on Saturday.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Not sure how feasible it is, but maybe move the Q&A panels with the special guests to later on in the afternoon (instead of during the lunch hour).

The bagging station (with possible boxes and tubes)is a pretty good idea!

Other than that, I'll have to echo the sentiments of the guy who sleeps in the fetal position... BEST. CON. EVAR!!!!
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #7
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Good thread, Dark Rage, feedback is the most important thing post-con. From my staff perspective, it was tough and tricky with all the new things this year and yet that was what made it good. New panels and games, new prizes and more prizewinners, new format, new guests with a new TF series, new day adding Sunday of course, and many new people who were great. I know each of those new panels and games can be improved, I saw bits of the panels I wasn't running and they were great but I still have a general idea how to work on them and the panels I was helping run I can see a lot of room for improve. Looking forward to what the attendees have to say.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #8
chans formers
raff ow roud

the tubes if you do end up doing it,i can supply tons of them that range from 14",24",32"and 48"long,all for free because at my work we just throw them out(they're originally used for vinyl/decals,kinda like toilet paper rolls except the cardboard is nice and thick.(from 1eighth thick to 3 sixteenth thick)
Old 04-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #9
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisprime View Post
Other than that, I'll have to echo the sentiments of the guy who sleeps in the fetal position
LOL!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #10
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
the tubes if you do end up doing it,i can supply tons of them that range from 14",24",32"and 48"long,all for free because at my work we just throw them out(they're originally used for vinyl/decals,kinda like toilet paper rolls except the cardboard is nice and thick.(from 1eighth thick to 3 sixteenth thick)
Cool. Any time someone can contribute something helpful to the con and fellow fans, we definitely try to make the best of that, expect to hear from the operations staff on this matter in the new year.