Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #31
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 52 - Darkest Hour - Discussion

When Ratchet was having his fit I really wanted someone to say something like "Cybertron is already dead! You can't revive a planet by dooming another one."... and Wheeljack is totally not dead.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #32
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
3 fatal mistakes Optimus made during this episode:
1. Doing the deal with Megatron to save the kids. I can see why they did that from a story perspective. It's a children's show, so I guess you can kill off the children.
I really did like that part where the kids were exposed to the near vacuum/toxic atmosphere of cybertron and their eyes bugged out, faces twisted, gasping for breath before their heads exploded like in Total Recall... wait, what? That didn't happen? Damn.

Quote:
2. Destroying the Omega Lock.
You'd think there would be something like a pause or cancel button followed by a "Are you sure you want to cancel the cyberforming? You will lose any unsaved data. Yes/No" message.

Quote:
3. Prime sacrificing himself to destroy the space bridge.
Actually, you'd think that with a base stored with as much sensitive information they'd have the foresight to have self destruct fail safes installed in the base.

Quote:
A lot of other things bug me about this episode:
Like Fowler saying he already evacuated Jasper. You mean you evacuated an entire town in 10 minutes? When?! HOW?!
This has always bugged me too. But the reason is the same as why the town is always a ghost town, or everyone is always conveniently "evacuated" before the action starts.

Money.

It costs money and time to render cars and people in the background. That's why they cop out and avoid it. It's just cheaper and easier not to have them around at all.

Quote:
Would it not be better to get the kids somewhere safe and then organize with the US government in organizing a counter attack? Or failing that, calling for Autobot help.
As above, that would cost way too much money to render. Better just to have a cameo character and a crappy helicopter hold off the ENTIRE DECEPTICON ARMADA. It doesn't matter how good they are. They shouldn't have lasted more than two seconds.

Quote:
And how did Starscream know the Autobots split up?! "United we stand! Divided they fall!" What, did you read the script or something?
Yes, yes he did. For that matter, how did they even know they escaped and weren't just vaporized in the base blast? You could argue that they could tell the ground bridge opened because of the energy signature, but if that's the case, why didn't they know where the base was the moment the bots used the ground bridge the first time? That's called a plot hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
"Cybertron is already dead! You can't revive a planet by dooming another one."
They didn't have to. Megatron just chose to because he's evil and spiteful. Which is another reason why Prime never should've given him the keys. It resulted in absolutely nothing being accomplished. Heck, Megatron should've known Optimus would do something so desperate to stop Earth from being cyberformed. He should've just let the cyberforming finish on Cybertron before doing the Earth too. At least he would've gotten the planet back online.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #33
Nullray
IGC

Quote:
A lot of other things bug me about this episode:
Like Fowler saying he already evacuated Jasper. You mean you evacuated an entire town in 10 minutes? When?! HOW?!

Or what about the whole splitting up thing? Is that really the best plan? Would it not be better to get the kids somewhere safe and then organize with the US government in organizing a counter attack? Or failing that, calling for Autobot help.
And how did Starscream know the Autobots split up?! "United we stand! Divided they fall!" What, did you read the script or something?

Jasper Nevada is just a US Research Area and the population would be very small. To give an example on Wiki. Iowa Nevada has roughly 6,800 people as of 2010. So the population of some desert ultra rural town of Area 27 being a US Goverment research facility would be even smaller. It would be easy to implement the get out of dodge scenario.

US Government would prolly just nuke the area!!!

I don't think that Screamer was refering to the actual plan the Autobots had to scatter but he was using the war tactic to divide and conquer. The Autobots always band together and it seems to pull off miracles in combat so dividing them and letting the Vehicon armada kick ass would be a sure fire way to defeat them.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #34
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

It wasn't a bad episode, I mean, it accomplished something at least. It puts the Decepticons on Earth with more of a purpose than before and gives the humans something to do. The problem is that if Optimus is willing to give in any time a hostage is taken, then anyone could have defeated the Autobots at any time. Also, they still haven't established why these kids are important or worth anything more than any other humans, so it's all very silly. These are the liberties the writers take to keep human kids in the story, and there is a cost to it.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discussion, prime, transformers prime