Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #11
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions
Re: What is Bayhem?

He's probably pumped out more movies than Spielberg and most other directors in the top 10.

Looks like hes at #6 on a per movies basis for all time directors and also is actually #6 for total worldwide box office gains.

Also, a HUGE percentage (50%) of his box office earnings are from the Transformers franchise, which would have sold well no matter who directed them. (clearly).

I just can't give much credit to the guy in comparison to the Spielbergs and Camerons of the world who actually create their own movies, stories and characters whereas Bay just steals them and turns them into shallow iterations with the only thing that matters being mass appeal.

Last edited by Wheeljack Off; 07-09-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #12
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

it would be nice if he could get someone that was in charge of the story that was actually talented. Then make it so that he has 0% say in the plot/storyline at all, no editing of it, etc. just make visuals. then maybe, just maybe we'd get a good movie

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #13
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack Off View Post

I just can't give much credit to the guy in comparison to the Spielbergs and Camerons of the world who actually create their own movies, stories and characters whereas Bay just steals them and turns them into shallow iterations with the only thing that matters being mass appeal.
One yes and one no.

Cameron does write his own stuff and of course has had huge success. What he has accomplished by using his own imagination is incredibly impressive.

Spielberg, by and large, works with adaptations or things written by others. For example Indiana Jones was technically created by George Lucas who also wrote the films.

Jurassic Park and Jaws were both adaptations of novels.

Spielberg certainly has more self created projects(ET for example) than Bay, but his biggest box office successes would be the adaptations.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote