Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-07-2022, 09:02 AM   #21
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Video of Legacy "Leader" Blitzwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremen View Post
He's the exact size he's supposed to be compared to Siege Astrotrain. His tank mode is great and his jet mode is serviceable. I mostly display my figures in robot mode so I'm fine with the vehicle modes not being immaculate 1:1 representations of real vehicles as long as the bot mode looks good.

I'm glad at least there is 1 buyer for this shit, so Hasbro can continue this scam show for a while, maybe next time the price can be increase 100% again since they need to make the balancesheet looks good while losing most customers.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Last edited by xueyue2; 04-07-2022 at 11:10 AM.
xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 10:11 AM   #22
delrue
Crossover

Y'all really put a lot of stock into that half an inch.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 10:52 AM   #23
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Y'all really put a lot of stock into that half an inch.

That's what she said!
Old 04-07-2022, 11:07 AM   #24
Marcotron
Robot Master

I'd like to see a comparison of Legacy Blitzwing next to some of the third party offerings. There have been some great third party figures of this character, and if you're going to have to spend almost a hundred dollars for this "leader class" figure that is quite lackluster, then why not save up, spend a little more on a more complex, better looking, more fun to transform kind of figure.

Unless a Masterpiece version of Blitzwing is in the pipeline, this Leader class figure should be the be all, end all of this character, and it just isn't. The bang for buck is so bad on this figure, every negative aspect is being amplified.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:14 AM   #25
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Oof. My initial response was that he looked really good, the hands are stupid. The tank mode must be mistransformed. But wow. To have such a shitty jet mode and all those other flaws at what is now... 80? 85 bucks? That's just brutal.

Tr blitzwing has an ugly deco. The Takara legends version is nicer...

Fuck. I might just go back to the t30 one, shoulder gaps and all.
Fun fact, I customized the TR to be more Takara-like but them T30 shoulders are an easy fix. Did it to mine and Doubledealer and they both work like butter now.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:17 AM   #26
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremen View Post
Yeah it tells the other two modern G1 Blitzwing's both look terrible and the Legacy one is way nicer.
Not 80 plus tax nice lol.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:18 AM   #27
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
I'm glad at least there is 1 buyer for this shit, so Hasbro can continue this scam show for a while, maybe next time the price can be increase 100% again since they need to make the balancesheet looks good while losing most customers.
THIS! When the franchise gets shelved, hope no one asks why. Here is your answer.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:28 AM   #28
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Since we all doing comparisons

never had the G1 or any other incarnations up to Animated

I love Animated and think the Blitz fig is really cool for what he manages to pull off
Sure the jet sits on treads, but bot & tanks are great

I passed on T30 cause heard terrible things about it, and pics didn't impress me

Passed on TR cause I just could not find a decent copy of it where the gloppy purple face paint wasn't horribly applied, every time
Opted for the Takara Legends Blitz; colours were nice, face was good, and even comes with a lil murder elephant

This Legacy Blitz? Bot looks nice, wish it was a touch more Devastation
both alts are not incredible, and of course it's overpriced
They're clearly following a "we did this w/ Siege Astrotrain and it's what we're doing again; this is a pattern that we're keeping consistent and u can't hate us for following it"

Due to Siege Astro's flaws (isn't perfect but he beats the hell outta the TR, who was better as SentinelP despite clearly being the Astro pretool), I didn't MSRP and waited, picked him up @ WM during a "Siege leaders for $41" sale
I'll prob do the same here, if leaders are ever that cheap again haha *sweatdrop*
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 12:23 PM   #29
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Since we all doing comparisons

never had the G1 or any other incarnations up to Animated

I love Animated and think the Blitz fig is really cool for what he manages to pull off
Sure the jet sits on treads, but bot & tanks are great

I passed on T30 cause heard terrible things about it, and pics didn't impress me

Passed on TR cause I just could not find a decent copy of it where the gloppy purple face paint wasn't horribly applied, every time
Opted for the Takara Legends Blitz; colours were nice, face was good, and even comes with a lil murder elephant

This Legacy Blitz? Bot looks nice, wish it was a touch more Devastation
both alts are not incredible, and of course it's overpriced
They're clearly following a "we did this w/ Siege Astrotrain and it's what we're doing again; this is a pattern that we're keeping consistent and u can't hate us for following it"

Due to Siege Astro's flaws (isn't perfect but he beats the hell outta the TR, who was better as SentinelP despite clearly being the Astro pretool), I didn't MSRP and waited, picked him up @ WM during a "Siege leaders for $41" sale
I'll prob do the same here, if leaders are ever that cheap again haha *sweatdrop*
Astrotrain at least used the extra "leader" price to do a cool little coal car, and had like, four guns. Blitzwing has ... giatn glowy fists.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 01:21 PM   #30
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Astrotrain at least used the extra "leader" price to do a cool little coal car, and had like, four guns. Blitzwing has ... giatn glowy fists.
Maximum agree, can never go wrong with moar gunnz
I even liked his snowshoe slippers for the half-assed "now he's a touch taller see he's a leader class" aspect of it

What the hell are Legacy Blitz's giant hands supposed to be referencing, if anything? Thought I heard someone say it was an animation error where he had larger than normal hands

Which is fairly damning towards the character, if that's the best they could be assed to tack on
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote