Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-06-2022, 03:27 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Video of Legacy "Leader" Blitzwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicgarden View Post
I don?t mind Blitzwing being smaller at leader price IF the triple changer engineering and parts account for it. Sadly it does not. The tank mode is good, and the nosecone sticking out is G1 accurate (for better or worse). But there is no excuse that it sticks out so much. As seen in Chiefatron review, there is more room behind the head. The could have easily added a part to slide it further inside so it doesn?t stick that far out.

Jet mode?ouch. I mean it does look good from the top, but that massive undercarriage is unacceptable. Instead of giving us those useless giant hands that nobody wants, they could have tried to solve that part. I get that Blitzwing is a tough one. He has to go from a tank (brick) to a jet (flat). Still, they could have put the extra parts budget on trying to fold the undercarriage so it flattens a bit more.

All in all, robot mode does look the best by far. TR is not a bad figure and I get that many will keep him instead. That?s very understandable. But he?s a bit floppy, got that headmasters gimmick and I don?t like the stickers. He does have the best jet mode though. I?ll give that. T30?I have never had one in hand, can?t tell if he?s a fun toy, but he?s no Blitzwing, save for the color scheme.

So Legacy, not bad, but with some major flaws. Great robot. Good tank save for the cone. Bad jet. Useless accessories that bump a voyager at leader price.

It's kind of a bummer that with three attempts in GENERATIONS, we haven't had a GREAT Blitzwing. TR is solid but the floppiness and cheap stickers are across the board. I don't mind the headmaster gimmick, but his face always has the gloppy ugly paint slopped on.

T30 Blitzwing was in many ways a great toy but it's hurt by a major design flaw, in that the shoulders don't go far enough to clip into the backpack. So his shoulders never lock into place. I like him as a toy though.

I agree with your main point: I wouldn't really mind if he was leader class IF he was designed well and used the price point to have extra parts and engineering in order to make a terrific triple-changer. Instead, both his jet and tank mode look far lazier and shittier than the previous two attempts. Robot mode looks great, but it shouldn't be at such an expense... for 80 bucks

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 04:19 PM   #12
Autovolt 127
Animated

Instead of those Energon Hulk hands, they could've done a hammer instead and thus make a Devastation Heavy Weapons Ground Soldier repaint.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 04:25 PM   #13
delrue
Crossover

Was thinking about that earlier. What could they repaint/retool this figure into?
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 04:40 PM   #14
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
Instead of those Energon Hulk hands, they could've done a hammer instead and thus make a Devastation Heavy Weapons Ground Soldier repaint.
As a massive Devastation fan, i am into this
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 05:30 PM   #15
Atomicgarden
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Was thinking about that earlier. What could they repaint/retool this figure into?
Overcharge

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Overcharge_(G1)
Atomicgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 05:43 PM   #16
Tiffster
Classic

T30 was not good. Shoulders where a mess and jet mode was uggh. As soon as TR Came out, I sold it. I think I'll keep the TR though I wasn't a fan of the headmaster but it looks good in all modes. This legacy looks like ass. Total skip and save some cash.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:36 PM   #17
Dremen
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
This picture tells enough.

Yeah it tells the other two modern G1 Blitzwing's both look terrible and the Legacy one is way nicer.
Dremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:31 PM   #18
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremen View Post
Yeah it tells the other two modern G1 Blitzwing's both look terrible and the Legacy one is way nicer.
It's tiny, and did you bother looking at the shitty alt modes?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:11 PM   #19
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
T30 was not good. Shoulders where a mess and jet mode was uggh. As soon as TR Came out, I sold it. I think I'll keep the TR though I wasn't a fan of the headmaster but it looks good in all modes. This legacy looks like ass. Total skip and save some cash.
100% and if those have the takara legends one no need for this. Only way I would pick this up, if I saw this on clearance for 25- 30 bucks max
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 07:23 AM   #20
Dremen
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
It's tiny, and did you bother looking at the shitty alt modes?
He's the exact size he's supposed to be compared to Siege Astrotrain. His tank mode is great and his jet mode is serviceable. I mostly display my figures in robot mode so I'm fine with the vehicle modes not being immaculate 1:1 representations of real vehicles as long as the bot mode looks good.
Dremen is offline   Reply With Quote