Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 11-27-2010, 04:55 AM   #21
pulsedragon20
I win
Re: Reminder - Transformers Prime Episodes 1 and 2 air TODAY at 4 pm EST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Benny View Post
2nd Episode is up...

Darkness Risking Ep2 Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z77nMzLpEgY

Darkness Risking Ep2 Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvg5L0NGVSk
thank you for posting the links!
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:20 AM   #22
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I am not a fan of the designs at all. What is up with Frank Welkers voice???? Starscream looks like shit and all that hype about the rock being in it for nothing. Ugh! I hope it gets better...I am actually glad that they are not producing toys for this show. I can't believe that I am saying this.....I actually miss TF animated...to be fair, it was actually getting better season 2 and 3.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #23
Joalro
Robot in Disguise
Re: About Transformers : Prime

Wow, so far those first two episodes are exceptional.
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #24
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I am not a fan of the designs at all. What is up with Frank Welkers voice???? Starscream looks like shit and all that hype about the rock being in it for nothing. Ugh! I hope it gets better...I am actually glad that they are not producing toys for this show. I can't believe that I am saying this.....I actually miss TF animated...to be fair, it was actually getting better season 2 and 3.
They are producing toys... they come out fall 2011.

Also, in my opinion, Starscream looks... alright. I don't like his mouth, but I don't like any of the character's mouths. The model for Starscream looks really schemey... and twisted. I think it works well. And I thought Megatron sound evil, just like he should have. I would have hated if he had his G1 voice. He actually sounds exactly as he did in WFC.

So far I'm a big fan of this show. They way they did these humans actually works for me, and I typically hate the humans in Transformer shows.

I LOVE the Ratchet in this show. He practically has the same personality from animated... but without the more childish tone of TFA, his character comes across really well.
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #25
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast
Re: Transformers Prime Episodes 1 and 2 discussion

Animation style leaves a little to be desired. It looks like things haven't improved since Beast Machines.

Although I don't hate it, which is saying a lot...

AND WHY can't Bumblebee talk? Was that REALLY necessary? How does that help? It was mildly cutesy for the movie, but will wear thin over multiple episodes.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #26
zerocustom
Machine War

Wow mixed opinions what a surprise :P But I'm taking a little shine to the show mostly due to the fact that they are so far anyway concentrating on characters other than prime and bee.

I like this Arcee character and this Cliff Jumper who hopefully will be revived.

The rock does a good job voicing his what three lines? All in all not bad. I really hope the inevitable Arcee and cliffy toys stay true to the shows designs really liking those models (just those so far; bulkhead, prime, and bee are more of the same really).

zerocustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #27
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

I really liked it. Didn't mind the animation at all, better then I expected. Killing CJ was a shock, still better get a toy if they do a line.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #28
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

dunno what i think of the show yet, the designs i don't like, the writing seems to be more of the movies...

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #29
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

And here I was so excited about Cliffjumper finally getting a design that wasn't just a repaint of Bumblebee and he gets fridged in the first episode.

Still, the show has potential. I'm not a fan of the new Optimus design (if they were insistent on giving him a mouth they should've used a split-plate design like Primal's; that goo-face just doesn't work for him, especially without any kind of nose) but the rest are okay and the characterizations are great.

Here's hoping they actually let Arcee do something without slagging it up at some point in the series. Having her constantly fail at everything she tries to do got old fast in these episodes.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #30
Ozrein
Stunticon

I'm not completely sold on it just yet but I can see the shows potential. I cant say I'm too fond of how Cliffy got slagged in the first episode but at the same time it's nice to see that that can happen. The animation is limited, imo, by being cgi. You can really see this at times such some of fight scenes. But overall it looks ok. And I look forward to at least the rest of this 5 part mini-series.