Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
chans formers
raff ow roud
computer noob question

(i know,i should be camping already but the camp area we booked weeks in advance is still flooded out.we found another but we can't go and pitch tent until sunday so that means sun/mon/tues we camp and wednesday back to work.worked out cause this asian likes the "civilized" life better and there was no fishing at the original site)

back to my question,for those of you who are more computer tech savy,what does it mean when i now try to watch youtube vids and the video is clipping/skipping every 2-3 seconds?the audio part of it is still smooth but now what you see on screen is skipping /missing every 2 or third second and slower than the audio?it's not just one video but every video including the advertisements at the beginning that you can click skip.
if it helps,it only started happening ever since i clicked download on something called mediafire.
now since i've been back i've already gone and dumped most of the photo's etc i had on the computer to a removable flash card/drive to try to free up some memory.my computer has 37 g's,while my little girls ipod has 39 g's

but like i said,it only started happening when i did the mediafire thing and i've went through the add/remove programs section on my computer but can't find anything that says mediafire that i can delete.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
STI 2NV
Energon
Re: computer noob question

Clearing your computers cache sometimes helps especially if you have never done it before.

Go to My Computer
Right click on your main harddrive (usually C:/) click on properties
Click Disk Clean up

This may take some time, once it loads up select every option except "compress old files"

Click OK

This may help out.
STI 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

If you downloaded a plugin (I forget what mediafire is), then you could check inside your browser and disable the plugin. Then test to see if youtube's working better or not.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
chans formers
raff ow roud

trying the main drive method with the proporties right now,and thanks for the quick reply
Old 08-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
chans formers
raff ow roud

@sti 2nv,didn't really help/change so far.
i did click everything but the compress one like you said.thanks though mang

@shepp,how do you check inside your browser?

EDIT: so i got frustrated and just started clicking things and ended up disabling some kind of green tool bar up top that only recently appeared when i did the whole mediafire thing.now you tube runs like a dream for me
thanks again for the help fellas,mucho appreciated and it probably helps that i now know how to "actually" clean out the recycle bin.
(every custom i do i usually take 30-40 shots,dump them onto my computer and use 8-14 of those pics while the rest go to the recycle bin.
i always just clicked empty recycle bin but i never knew that you actually had to go to the proporties thing and completely remove them)
there was stuff/customs pics from back in 2005-2006 too

thanks again for the help!!

Last edited by chans formers; 08-02-2013 at 10:45 AM.
chans formers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

try switch to a different browser, see if that helps.
If u are using IE, try Firfox, or switch from Firefox to IE.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote