Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #31
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions
Re: Igear, do you deserve my Money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugundam2.0 View Post
So I need some advice guys
Is the new Arcee prone to breakage? And if so where. I saw the reviews and it looks sturdy compared to the other crappy one. Thanks
I cannot say enough good things abou this toy. I have had it for a while now without issue. Avoid the Impossible Toys version at all costs. The MTG/iGear version is the way to go.

It looks like iGear may get my money as much as it hurts me to do it. As it seems the MP line is getting a face lift, the likelyhood of getting a Takara/Tomy version of the coneheads in the original seeker mold (which I LOVE) looks unlikely.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #32
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

*** UPDATE ***6 months later and I finally received my replacement left arm for my PP01V2 ! Only problem is this one is broke AGAIN in the exact same place where my original one was broke, right out of the package ! Obviously the plastic in this area is too thin, or it's just not strong enough to withstand it's own production process
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #33
Pascal
Banned

Can it be glued back together at all?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #34
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Can it be glued back together at all?
I haven't tried yet, but I guess it's my only choice right now. I'm just hoping the panel will still open and close properly so the hand can pop in and out during transformation. An awesome looking figure, just not built very tough.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #35
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CETERUS PRIME View Post
I haven't tried yet, but I guess it's my only choice right now. I'm just hoping the panel will still open and close properly so the hand can pop in and out during transformation. An awesome looking figure, just not built very tough.
Sooo...has you're experience with them soured any potential future business you may have with them?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #36
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Sooo...has you're experience with them soured any potential future business you may have with them?
Their figures look good, that's for sure, but the plastic quality just isn't there where it's needed most. I didn't even transform Faith Leader back into truck mode once and I ran into troubles, and I'm not the only customer of their's who encountered this exact same issue. For top dollar third party toy, KO, or whatever you want to call them, it's a toss up for me. I really wanted to get their coneheads, but at over $100 each, man, I didn't even pay that much for Hasbro MP Grimlock or Hasbro MP StarScream ! On top of that, they're quite slow at responding to customer concerns, and I am yet to get a response from them since Jan. Overall, I'm impressed when I have Faith Leader in hand, he's the perfect size and looks very G1 accurate, but I'm torn when it comes to asking myself if I want to take the risk with one of their products again.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #37
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CETERUS PRIME View Post
Their figures look good, that's for sure, but the plastic quality just isn't there where it's needed most. I didn't even transform Faith Leader back into truck mode once and I ran into troubles, and I'm not the only customer of their's who encountered this exact same issue. For top dollar third party toy, KO, or whatever you want to call them, it's a toss up for me. I really wanted to get their coneheads, but at over $100 each, man, I didn't even pay that much for Hasbro MP Grimlock or Hasbro MP StarScream ! On top of that, they're quite slow at responding to customer concerns, and I am yet to get a response from them since Jan. Overall, I'm impressed when I have Faith Leader in hand, he's the perfect size and looks very G1 accurate, but I'm torn when it comes to asking myself if I want to take the risk with one of their products again.
On the bright side, you can order through tfsource. That way, they take care of issues instead of igear.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote