Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #21
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Re: Igear, do you deserve my Money?

Ok, i'm confused now. Which one made the crap one, which one made the awsome one?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #22
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I checked the review for both Arcees just a moment ago. They don't look nice/great/good at all if you compare to those stuff from FP. It doesn't seem to fit into the classic line(classicwise from that photo at that link), it may fit into some other line, i don't know. The Arcee's head is so much bigger than Rodimus! I think both Arcees are failure. Now back to your topic, I would not buy the seekers. As some people already mentioned, Takara is going to downsize the Masterpiece line, and it is going to be smaller in scale. Also I cannot justify myself paying so much for most of the 3rd party figures, other than some of those from FP which has exceptional good quality and design. You can see how much work and effort Fansproject has put into their work for example like Bruticus and City Commander. You will soon realize whether Igear deserves your money or not if you think of those effort FP has put into their work in comparison. In conclusion, I would recommand you to save your money on some other good quality product. You got to love Fansproject. Most of those FP item deserve my money
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #23
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I got the Faith Leader V2 and mine didn't transformer right the first time and I had to file down some parts. Doesn't seem like anyone else ran into the same problem I did and even without that, it still feels like a KO, albeit a high quality KO. So your mileage will vary as the plastic quality feels low and the design was never meant to be done and transformed on this scale.

Also, messing with it the other day after having not touched the thing in months I noticed the panel under the arm that you use to slide the fist out broke at the point where it connects to the rod inside.

I suggest you don't buy these for the exorbitant price they are charging and if you do, treat them like statues and not as toys.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:07 PM   #24
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
I got the Faith Leader V2 and mine didn't transformer right the first time and I had to file down some parts. Doesn't seem like anyone else ran into the same problem I did and even without that, it still feels like a KO, albeit a high quality KO. So your mileage will vary as the plastic quality feels low and the design was never meant to be done and transformed on this scale.

Also, messing with it the other day after having not touched the thing in months I noticed the panel under the arm that you use to slide the fist out broke at the point where it connects to the rod inside.

I suggest you don't buy these for the exorbitant price they are charging and if you do, treat them like statues and not as toys.
On the Bold ^^^

Mine broke as well, first time I tried to transform him into bot mode. Emailed iGear right away, they replied saying they were sending me an entire replacement left arm, that was back in Dec 2010. Three emails later, (last one sent tonight) I am STILL waiting for my replacement part. If I don't hear back from them soon and see this part within an already unreasonable amount of time, I will let others know what I think !
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #25
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

OK, attempted to email and live chat with iGear 6 times since over a week now and no reply whatsoever. Really not happy with their service after the sale ! Been emailing them back and forth about my left arm issue with PP01V2 since last Dec 2010 and no replacement part as they said they had sent twice now. I have never had an issue with an item not showing up after it was mailed out, so I'm calling BS on them sending it at all. I will keep trying to get this resolved, but in the meantime, everyone take note and keep this in mind before purchasing anything from iGear.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #26
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

I've just recently sent an email to TFsource about there dedication of selling third party products, with guarantees and such on there side of the dealings. Basically asking, if I say got two left feet/legs etc, would they take care of it with as little fustration.

There response was refreshing. They stated that they will "stand behind everything from a quality standpoint and will take care of any problem that may arise".

I know what everyone has said over the last few pages. I just think i'm determined to get these seekers. Also, I have Never Never Never had a problem of any kind with TFsource. They have always been very prompt and helpful with any question or problems I may have had.

So even if Igear has problems with customer relations, it doesn't matter as I would be buying them through a alternative distrubuter That is actually legitimately willing to help their consumer base.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #27
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetz View Post
I've just recently sent an email to TFsource about there dedication of selling third party products, with guarantees and such on there side of the dealings. Basically asking, if I say got two left feet/legs etc, would they take care of it with as little fustration.

There response was refreshing. They stated that they will "stand behind everything from a quality standpoint and will take care of any problem that may arise".

I know what everyone has said over the last few pages. I just think i'm determined to get these seekers. Also, I have Never Never Never had a problem of any kind with TFsource. They have always been very prompt and helpful with any question or problems I may have had.

So even if Igear has problems with customer relations, it doesn't matter as I would be buying them through a alternative distrubuter That is actually legitimately willing to help their consumer base.

^^^ The only problem I can forsee with that is if TFSource can't get a response from them like I can't

And get this, I added them as a friend on facebook, attaching a message describing my situation, and they confirmed, but still no reply. Nice !
Old 05-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #28
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

TFSource is great. I am sure Automaton Toys would do the same.

My iGear playset had a few issues with it from the igear side of things. I bought through Mario, discussed my issues with Mario and all was dealt with in a SUPERDUPERAMAZINGLYAWESOME way by MARIO.

The top dog TF selling sites have really good customer service. They deal with products like any retailer would. They take the hit and then deal with the manufacturers themself. Well I don't know about the last part but I do know what ever happens after the customer is satisfied does not include the customer.
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #29
MeisterJ4zz
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by CETERUS PRIME View Post
OK, attempted to email and live chat with iGear 6 times since over a week now and no reply whatsoever. Really not happy with their service after the sale ! Been emailing them back and forth about my left arm issue with PP01V2 since last Dec 2010 and no replacement part as they said they had sent twice now. I have never had an issue with an item not showing up after it was mailed out, so I'm calling BS on them sending it at all. I will keep trying to get this resolved, but in the meantime, everyone take note and keep this in mind before purchasing anything from iGear.
I received my Faith Leader v2 back in November 2010 and I had no Masterpiece gun for him to hold... just two frickin Classic guns. I requested a proper gun for Faith Leader and they supposedly sent it. Two months later, nothing showed up so I emailed them asking if they really sent the gun, and they said it was sent. It's been six months already and nothing. After reading your post, I believe they never even tried sending it at all.

Anyhow, I ordered their Kup-01 head and typed in the message field to re-send my Faith Leader gun with this order. They have no excuse to not send it now. I'll have to wait for July to see what happens.

[ collecting TFs since Jul.2008 ]
MeisterJ4zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #30
Nugundam2.0
Beasty

So I need some advice guys
Is the new Arcee prone to breakage? And if so where. I saw the reviews and it looks sturdy compared to the other crappy one. Thanks
Nugundam2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote